Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2017 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2017-ufo-challenge-month-t284858.html)

Janice McC 05-03-2017 06:57 AM

Yay for Monkey! :)

Originally Posted by zozee (Post 7815556)
Monkey breaks the tie! Thanks, everyone. :)

Janice McC 05-03-2017 07:02 AM

Well, Sophie2, congratulations on your M/C UFO finish! Toot, toot! or rather Vroom, Vroom. ( I'm a proud owner/rider of a Kawasaki.)

Originally Posted by Sophie2 (Post 7815948)
About a year and a half ago we made a trip to South Dakota and stopped at Sturgis. There is a very nice quilt shop in Sturgis and of course we had to stop. We did not have a motorcycle at the time, but I bought fat quarters for placemats. Since we had no motorcycle, I was in no hurry to make the placemats, hence another UFO kit. Well, we are now proud owners of a Harley and I felt the need to make the placemats and napkins. The pattern is Take Four (four fat quarters make the placemats) Now on to my next UFO. [ATTACH=CONFIG]572417[/ATTACH]

Janice McC 05-03-2017 07:10 AM

OK, Finally caught up, I HOPE! Many thanks to the following passengers for their UFO finishes for the month of April: QuilterMomma, Juanita Bean, Sync, Anne 2016, Sophie2, Twinkie, SheriR, Rryder, CarolynPaj, Janice McC, All2pieces, Kristakz, and Wildyard for their combined 28 UFO finishes! Almost one a day. Toot, Toot! That brings us to a total of 102 finishes for 2016. Way to go everyone! We broke one hundred!

QuilterMomma 05-03-2017 08:12 AM

That means we are one third of the way to hit 300 for the year. I will try my best to help with that. Oh, I will get a picture of another UFO done, I finished up the sheets for daughter that had been sitting there for several months. I wanted them done in November, and just got to them. She is excited especially since she is moving out this month. That is depressing.
Goal for May will be eight UFO finishes for sure. I just cut up the setting blocks this morning and will get them done tonight hopefully and get it sewn together tomorrow. That is the plan at least. Have to get to quilting them.

Grinch 05-04-2017 05:40 AM

Beautiful, Sophie2! I love the story behind the placemats!!

Bug Lady 05-05-2017 06:54 AM

Wildyard, Love the pattern and you fabrics. I am sure you are feeling so good by completing another from the pile. Thanks for sharing.
Karen

Bug Lady 05-05-2017 06:56 AM

Janice McC, Thanks for sharing JuanitaBean's finishes. The first one is just way too cute! Love the sewing machine as the colors and quilting are great.
Karen

Bug Lady 05-05-2017 07:00 AM

QuilterMomma, I know how that goes especially when you have a deadline. Nice job and so pretty. Thanks for sharing. Karen

Bug Lady 05-05-2017 07:04 AM

Sophie2, Love the place mats and the striking colors. Thanks for sharing and stay safe on the Harley.
Karen

QuilterMomma 05-05-2017 11:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]572575[/ATTACH]
Since daughter is an orange color person and she loves the Denver Broncos, I made the lilies in blue for her. She loved it. Did two pillowcases and her flat sheet.