Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2017 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2017-ufo-challenge-month-t284858.html)

oksewglad 02-24-2017 05:55 PM

QM...love your scrappy star....is the next round red, too?

cherrybsixty 02-25-2017 07:06 AM

Good morning Guys and Dolls, seems like whenever I a lot to express my laptop says no, make it short. Ok, been away for a few days trying to work on my hand quilted piece. But congrats on all the finishes.

Fraew,#444; Belfrybat,#452; happylab,#458; MtnMama 1955,#465; SheriR,#466; CarolinePaj,#482, great finishes.

QuilterMomma, #504 loving your star, keep posting progress with it.

Now back to hand quilting.

elly66 02-25-2017 09:00 AM

Congrats on your win QM well deserved on that beautiful dress. Love the star too. I struggle with scrappy myself and have been challenging myself to try more. I seem to get overwhelmed but working on it.

SheriR 02-25-2017 12:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
And one more UFO on the books!! I dabbled in some quilting art with the tulips here. They seemed to go with the windmill pinwheels I put on the 9patches and stars... Not 100% sure about them, but they look great from my galloping pony!

22 Grandma Quilts down, ONE to go. (All 23+ are in one of my albums.):D

QuilterMomma 02-25-2017 02:58 PM

Hmm Sheri, that is an idea for some of those scraps I have in cases I need to sew up. It looks great. I like it.

SewBatik posted a photo of my dress with the ribbon. I feel so special. it is on Facebook. Thank you all.

Now I will get on this scrap star, the next round is dark, then light, then dark, then light. The center is the only red. I am going to get thru it, I am going to get thru it, I am going to get thru it.

Mariposa 02-25-2017 08:16 PM

QMama~ Congrats on the win on your beautiful dress! Colorful star you are doing too.

SheriR~ Yay! Another fabulous finish!!

elly66 02-26-2017 06:18 AM

Wonderful finish SheriR

redrider 02-26-2017 07:18 AM

I need to catch this ride too. I have a queen log cabin I've been working on for a couple of years, and "all" it needs are the borders, backing fabric, then sandwiched and quilted. Two new granddaughters, and various Christmas gifts got in the way of my completing it. My husband keeps asking when we are getting a quilt for our bed. Then there's the one I started for the double bed in the guest room. Borders need completed for that one too. If I get these two done this year, I'll be happy. At least I finished the baby quilts on time!

Janice McC 02-26-2017 10:07 AM

Sheri, another fine quilt completed. Congratulations! And Toot, Toot for another February finish.

Originally Posted by SheriR (Post 7772366)
And one more UFO on the books!! I dabbled in some quilting art with the tulips here. They seemed to go with the windmill pinwheels I put on the 9patches and stars... Not 100% sure about them, but they look great from my galloping pony!

22 Grandma Quilts down, ONE to go. (All 23+ are in one of my albums.):D

Belfrybat 02-27-2017 11:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sherri -- I like your rendition of the Mystery Train quilt -- don't remember the number. I took mine out last week and quilted it over the weekend. Hope to get the binding done next week.

And -- TADA! I have another finish. I found this pattern in a magazine several years ago. It was supposed to be made from vintage sheets and was really soft looking. A couple of years ago I decided to make it from some Marshall's Dry Goods scroll fabric I had. I didn't like the effect since it was so bright. I took it out at the first of month, put a narrow border around it and finished it. It went to a new refugee family from the Congo. I understand they were delighted with the bright colours. It measured 75" square -- the largest I've made and actually quilted myself.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]569083[/ATTACH]