Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2017 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2017-ufo-challenge-month-t284858.html)

JuanitaBean 12-31-2016 08:02 PM

I'm in for UFO 2017 been making my list going to try to do 1 each month.

Thanks Janice for doing this UFO Challenge

minibarn 12-31-2016 09:28 PM

I'll jump in here too. I have way to many UFO's to even list, but there are about 5 in particular that I would like to finish this year (2017). I actually started working on one this past week, and picked up fabric for two others this weekend. I have been away from QB for a while but coming back has inspired me to get back at it.

letawellman 12-31-2016 09:28 PM

Happy New Year, everyone!
Of course I'm onboard for the 2017 UFO train!
My minimum goal again this year is 12, one for each month. I'm happy that I met that goal last year, in large part to everyone here.
I have many still waiting to be completed, so 12 is really a drop in the bucket, but it's better than the pile getting bigger!

Grinch 12-31-2016 09:34 PM

I would like to join as well. I have quite a few UFOs - too many to count, but I would be pleased to complete six this year. I would love to complete one per month, but that isn't realistic. I don't have as much time to quilt as I would like (although I do have ideas on how to find more time in 2017).

wildyard 12-31-2016 09:48 PM

Yeehawww, and we are off and running for 2017. My goal for this year will be 6, as I don't have any easy ones left now that I am wanting to get done. I plan to keep some as flimsies until I know who they are going to, so don't think I will count them as active... more like UFOs in holding.
Now I am down to the baggies with fabrics, some cutting done and some piecing done but very little. Or baggies with parts of projects from others that need fabrics and plans made for finishing them up.
This will be fun, but time consuming between my comfort quilt projects.

Jeanine 12-31-2016 10:05 PM

I don't like to sound ignorant but. . . what are flimsies?

oksewglad 12-31-2016 11:04 PM

Flimsies...quilt tops completed, but waiting to be sandwiched and quilted....

rryder 01-01-2017 04:26 AM

Count me in. I've got between 20 and 30 that are in various stages. Some will be quick and easy finishes, others will take more time. I think I'll stick with last year's goal of finishing one each month. Since I've got some on-going collaborative pieces as well and one baby quilt that has to be done this month I am going to also set a rule for myself that I am not allowed to start anything new in any given month unless that month's UFO has been completed. We'll see how well that works out:D

Rob

jmoore 01-01-2017 05:15 AM

I'll be joining in for the first time...I have one particular UFO that I started for my son about 4 years ago when he was in college...he was here for Christmas and reminded me that he would still like to have it...a wife and a baby later.

I also need to put the borders on my Allietare so I can get it sandwiched and quilted and I need to pick up the pieces of my Gypsy Wife that kind of got shoved around when I had to clean the guest/sewing room for holiday visitors. I have a t-shirt quilt sandwiched and pin basted but have no clue how to quilt it but I need to get it done...

So that makes 4 (so far).

Macybaby 01-01-2017 06:45 AM

I'd better hop on board, since I ran out of time and didn't get any more finished last year.