Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2017 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2017-ufo-challenge-month-t284858.html)

SheriR 01-01-2017 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 7729985)
"And yes, you can move your UFO to someone else's pile. It's been done before. We are great enablers, too!"

My pile is Really Big..... maybe we should do a UFO exchange!

Krisb 01-01-2017 02:18 PM

It sounds almost embarrassing, but I only have 11. But then....the oldest one is 26. So if I truly get one done a month, and refrain from starting any more new, I can do it all this year. But that is unrealistic; I know it. So I can start one new quilt for every two completed. There, that sounds doable.

Janice McC 01-01-2017 02:38 PM

Happy New Year!

Whoa, I step aside for less than a day and over 30 posts appear! Welcome to our old friends from last year and to our new friends who will be joining us for this crazy train ride!

So who will have our First UFO Finish for 2017? Maybe a good place to start is with one of your smaller projects that doesn't need too much work. Might as well start with something easy. Me, I've picked up a scrappy block project. It'll take me at least a few weeks to get it to the point where i can QAYG. How about you?

Janice McC 01-01-2017 02:48 PM

Well, that's an interesting question as it means something different to different people. Basically, it's an unfinished project that has been set aside (ignored???) for a period of time. For me, it's a project that's been sitting around untouched and unfinished for a year or more. For example, I've got a scrappy project that is approaching a year old but I work on it every couple of weeks so it is a WIP (Work In Progress) and won't turn up on my UFO list. I have another i picked up out of my UFO pile just the other day that will, I hope, be my first UFO finish of the year. It's been sitting around for the better part of a couple of years.

Most of us have their own time frames but here's the part that really counts: YOU determine the "UFOness" of a project. If you say it's a UFO, it's a UFO. No UFO police here. :)

Originally Posted by bennie0755 (Post 7730561)
I need a definition of UFO. To me , a finished top is still a UFO until it is quilted. I have a bunch!

SheriR 01-01-2017 03:29 PM

I was trying to finish one of my last Grandma Quilts last week when I detoured and finished the ABC Quilt (also a grandma quilt). I'll finish my last three Grandma quilts ASAP! One is for my daughter who's birthday is the 15th! She lives in New Jersey, which means I better finish it by the 10th and get it mailed!

Beehiveof9 01-01-2017 04:06 PM

I'll jump on board too. I am currently working on a baby/toddler sized quilt. I hope to finish another 4-5 quilts this year, most that are in sundry stages of creating process.

happynana 01-01-2017 07:34 PM

Happy New Year! I am also a new traveler here. I have at least 4 UFOs and several promised quilts that are still sitting waiting to be cut out. I would like to at least finish the ones I have started before I begin any new ones.

Sync 01-01-2017 08:10 PM

Count me in again. I still have my Aurifil minis to finish as well as a ........ ummm a few other projects that have been hanging around my sewing area.

WMUTeach 01-02-2017 03:53 AM

I am back. Last year I ended up lurking only because of three falls that all impacted my ability to quilt and sew. Better year ahead. I did not make any new UFOS but I did not get any finished either. Here we go on a new year.

eimay 01-02-2017 06:33 AM

I'm in! I even have one of my mother's UFOs from sometime around 1930-40. Maybe it has reached its time.