Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2017 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2017-ufo-challenge-month-t284858.html)

MadQuilter 08-22-2017 09:39 AM

I finished one last night and delivered it to the recipient today. He was so funny: Kept stroking the fabric and talking about how pretty it was. Finally I couldn't take it any longer and told him that he needs to open it up. He's been petting the back. lol This is a very chatty guy who got very quiet. I know that he loves it. He kept talking about where he was going to put it.

SandyinZ4 08-22-2017 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter (Post 7892221)
I finished one last night and delivered it to the recipient today. He was so funny: Kept stroking the fabric and talking about how pretty it was. Finally I couldn't take it any longer and told him that he needs to open it up. He's been petting the back. lol This is a very chatty guy who got very quiet. I know that he loves it. He kept talking about where he was going to put it.

Oh Martina, Do we get a picture of quilt and or recipient. What a sweetie you are!

happylab 08-23-2017 10:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
There's a pic of my r/w/b table runner. I started this 5 years ago. I had the blocks sewn all 1/2 sq blocks. I just needed to sew the blocks together to make blocks and border the runner. Then I stitched in the ditch. The pink place Matt I had to finish putting on the binding and I stitched in the ditch as well. I had started this over 10 years ago. I was practicing on my embroidery machine (I forgot how to use). Both projects are in my storage closet.[ATTACH=CONFIG]579409[/ATTACH]both projects are UFO's.

happylab 08-23-2017 11:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have my Judy mystery train ride #11 completed. Yes it's a UFO. I call it my Royal's quilt and I gave it to hubby. Didn't realize how long I have been working on this quilt. I had a friend quilt if for me on her long arm. Then I sewed the binding on. It's done yea.?? :o[ATTACH=CONFIG]579410[/ATTACH]Two more to finish for this month. I made this quilt in memory of the Royals playing in the World Series one year and the next year winning the World Series. Go Royals.

MadQuilter 08-23-2017 01:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a picture of me still putting on the binding. The recipient is shy, so no pic there. Holy cow, how many chins am I getting?

Sync 08-23-2017 01:57 PM

happylab, congrats on your finish. Great Royals quilt.

Sync 08-23-2017 02:00 PM

MadQuilter, you look so relaxed and ready to sew.

anne2016 08-23-2017 02:46 PM

happylab...great finishes!
You're on a roll.

anne2016 08-23-2017 02:53 PM

Martina (madquilter)......great picture It's nice to see what members look like. Like the pattern and also the colors in the quilt.

petthefabric 08-23-2017 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by petthefabric (Post 7891984)
A year ago, guild had a class on making a bag "ByAnnie". Nice bag, but give yourself at least 2 days to finish. Tomorrow (by 4 minutes) a classmate is coming and we'll try to help each other finish. Attempting a UFO.

We did get together. They had an emergency w/ dr visit, and etc., they got here at 1pm. Then we had lunch. Lot's of talking. I had to get a pattern developed for another person. Did I mention lots o talking. neither one of us got anything done worth counting. The next date we could coordinate dates if November, 3 months away.

I did finish developing the pattern and making a sample. Current life gets in the way of UFO's.