Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2017 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2017-ufo-challenge-month-t284858.html)

rryder 06-19-2017 04:04 AM

Belfrybat- I like the way the pinks seem to dance across the surface. Good job!

Jaba- congratulations on both your finishes, your little helper is adorable- Enjoy the visit!

jaba 06-19-2017 06:19 AM

Thanks all, we think she is pretty special!
Happylab I'd love to see a pic of your quilts. I need some new ideas and patterns for these scrappy's :)

Libster 06-19-2017 07:57 AM

OMGosh, Jaba! She is absolutely precious! I know you can't wait to get her back in your arms. Hey, the quilts are pretty special too.

joe'smom 06-19-2017 09:15 AM

What a sweet photo of your granddaughter, jaba!

I love the color arrangement in that top UFO!

Janice McC 06-19-2017 09:26 AM

My gosh, how precious she is! Lucky Grandmother!

Congratulations on your two latest UFO finishes. As a lover of all things scrappy, and all quilts made from candy squares, these are high on my favorites list. Toot, Toot!

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 7846581)
Belfrybat, love the soft colors in your quilt. I just want to cuddle it:)
QM, nice landscape...that is one thing I have never tried, well that and paper pieced beauty.
I swore to myself this year these UFO's were going to be done so they could be donated to a worthy cause. Here's 2 more to add to the 3 I just posted. These were made from the candy swap too. Sewed the binding on or they wouldn't be done. Have to show you a pic our littlest grand daughter. She's been walking for about 2 1/2 weeks and going great guns! Myla will be a year old July31st. Can't wait, she'll be here for 8 days on the 30th of this month[ATTACH=CONFIG]574880[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]574881[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]574882[/ATTACH]

QuilterMomma 06-19-2017 01:25 PM

Belfrybat- I like the way the pinks seem to dance across the surface. Good job!

Jaba- congratulations on both your finishes, your little helper is adorable- Enjoy the visit!

Thank you all for the nice things about my art piece. I am nearly done with one UFO that is a gift which has to be mailed and to the person by Thursday. I am still quilting it. YIKES! At least it will be a finish for this month. May be my only one at that. We shall see. Leaving on vacation for 10 days. Will be more shopping than finishing. LOL

anne2016 06-20-2017 06:04 AM

I am hand-quilting a Pineapple Blossom quilt. It's not likely to get done in June but maybe early July. I sit on our deck in my rocking chair and do it. I enjoy hand quilting and sitting outside is a plus. Can't stay out too long because I burn easily...either that or I tan in some areas and just redden/burn in dry-skin areas. Can't win.

joe'smom 06-20-2017 07:50 AM

jaba, I just realized I referred to your finish as a UFO! Sorry about that. Congrats on your beautiful finishes!

Sync 06-20-2017 09:10 AM

anne2016, I'm hand quilting my hubby's quilt but being able to sit outside and sew not happening here in Arizona ..... lol .... well at least not until Sept. or Oct.

QuilterMomma 06-20-2017 12:11 PM

3 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]575078[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]575079[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]575080[/ATTACH]
Well I finally got it done. After more than a year, last three weeks torture it seemed, I finished this beauty. It is Sweetheart Houses by Shabby Fabrics. I even put the embellishments on. All the buttons and pearls, I even added an eye on the bird as an extra because I thought it needed it. I did machine stitch the binding down because it needed done today so could be mailed. It is not going in a show so I am good. At least one UFO done this month!!!!!