Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2017 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2017-ufo-challenge-month-t284858.html)

oksewglad 01-12-2017 08:22 PM

Nice, Belfry...one step at a time, right...

elly66 01-13-2017 05:19 AM

Belfry great quilt. Love the red and black you used.

letawellman 01-13-2017 06:09 AM

Loving the finishes, everyone! BB, I love the swap block quilt, especially how the red and black just pull it all together!!

On the 2-year-old "helper"... I probably did the same thing on my grandmother's treadle machine when she was teaching me about sewing long, long ago. For those of us who are naturally mechanically inclined, knobs and levers and switches and buttons are irresistable!! But I'm certainly glad you figured out what happened!!

Ok, so here's my chatter... customer quilt #2 is about half-done on the frame (I'm hoping to finish it before she comes to pick up #1 on Saturday). #3 is waiting in the wings to be loaded - that one is "custom quilting", so that will take awhile to complete. In the meantime, I got an order for a commission quilt, to be finished before Valentine's. Depending on when the fabric comes in, that one MAY bypass #3, as it will just be a panto on the quilting part.

One of my UFO's is supposed to have a total of 12 embroidered animals. I had 9 done. So, while I was quilting customer quilt #1, I also had the embroidery machine going. I finished two more embroideries, so once I hope back on CQ#2, I'll stitch out that last embroidery as well. So, that's a LITTLE bit done on UFO's. I'm still waiting for the critter patterns too, so I can use up the yard-sale tops and some left-over batting for the stuffing.

The consignment quilt will use up some of my stash for the backing; the patchwork critters will use up some leftover batting; both of those will count towards my personal "don't buy ANYTHING ELSE moratorium".

Progress... I think.

Belfrybat 01-13-2017 07:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is my next project -- BH's Easy Street from 4 or 5 years ago. I ended up hating it so only put about a third of it together then put it away, but since my goal is to finish all unfinished tops this year, I pulled it back out. I'll put 3 borders around it to make it a 65 - 70" square charity quilt.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]565557[/ATTACH]

Libster 01-13-2017 07:33 AM

Belfrybat, love both of your tops, 'specially the red and black one. That one really pops. Then again, I am partial to blue, so... Hard to choose. There's no better feeling in the world than when you finish that binding up on your quilt.

MadQuilter 01-13-2017 08:08 AM

Belfrybat, I like them both. The red border pulls all those blocks together. Sorry you don't like the other one. I'm sure the lucky recipient will love it.

Mariposa 01-13-2017 09:42 AM

Libster~ pretty blue & white quilt! Lunch with him was a great bonus! :)

BB~ colorful tops! :)

Nice to see everyone's progress. I have been trying to do something sewing related each day for 2017. So far, so good! Hoping to have success in finishing some ufo's. ;)

Veronica 01-13-2017 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Libster (Post 7738098)
I've been busy finishing some Boom 13 blocks for my grandson. I gave it to him today and he loves it! This is another QAYG quilt. You can barely see his shoe peeking out at the bottom. LOL Here it is:

Beautiful quilt!
Blue and white are my favorite .
Congratulations on an completed quilt, may we all follow in your footsteps.

Libster 01-13-2017 10:14 AM

Thank you!

MadQuilter 01-13-2017 10:17 AM

I decided to sign up for my guild's UFO challenge. That will make me commit to doing 10 UFOs this year. So I will have lots to show (probably all in December since I am a procrastinator, lol).