Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2017 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2017-ufo-challenge-month-t284858.html)

MadQuilter 01-17-2017 08:50 PM

I did it! Signed up at the guild to participate in the UFO challenge. 10 slots filled with projects from the pile. I picked them at random from those I remember. (Pretty sad when you can't recall the UFOs in the pile because there are too many.) It will be like visiting old friends when I pull them out.

MadQuilter 01-17-2017 08:50 PM

I really like those colors, Fraew. Upscale country!

kristijoy 01-17-2017 09:01 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hi gals! Thanks for all the cheering on! The support around here is awesome! Yep...when I counted the 'not done UFO's' at the end of the year I as stunned to realize I had about two dozen! Yikes! Well...my shelf really was getting full! :shock: So I've abstained from working on 'new goodies' (that I totally want to cut out and get started with) until I get my pile down to a smaller size! I'm hoping that I didn't misunderstand the definition of UFO. I was thinking generally 'Unfinished Projects' that were filling up my shelf. These are from last year.

I finally took a few pictures. I've been working on bindings and now have 3 to show:

This one my husband loving calls "Fox in Socks"! This is my own design, my inspiration was a fox I saw in the woods near our house.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]565981[/ATTACH]

This one is part of Pat Sloan's Secret Garden Sampler. I got tired of it after about 6 months so didn't finish all the blocks. Decided what I had done would make a fine lap quilt in a different setting than the original QAL!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]565982[/ATTACH]

And lastly: This is from the Rainbow Scrap Challenge that is hosted out there in blog land by http://superscrappy.blogspot.com/. I did the first month of blocks, but didn't really fall in love with the remaining months, so finally decided that the first months would look great in a quilt themselves.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]565983[/ATTACH]

I've quilted 2 quilts in the last week and I have 6 more on my shelf that I'm hoping to get through by the end of the month. Then I can start on some new things!

Sync 01-17-2017 09:24 PM

Kristi, congrats on the finishes. I like how you made finished quilts out of projects that you lost interest in.

rryder 01-18-2017 04:43 AM

Wowzer! Great finishes everyone. I've been away (as in working on non UFO stuff), but have finally gotten the most pressing new quilt done (except for binding which will be finished today) and am ready to get to work on the next UFO in my pile.

Rob

Belfrybat 01-18-2017 07:03 AM

Your sitting and pondering the quilt certainly paid off. Love the design.

oksewglad 01-18-2017 07:36 AM

Wonderful finishes on your quilts everyone....

kristijoy, I admire you ability to change your end goal in midstream...and move on...you still have lovely finishes even though they aren't what was planned initially...

cherrybsixty 01-18-2017 03:02 PM

Empty up those UFO bins, lady.

Fraew, loving the Patchwork Party complete, just wishing we could see Charisma's custom quilting. I'm a follower of her work.

Kristijoy, you are going full steam ahead, are you on this train or are you ahead of the train. Keep the good work up.

MadQuilter 01-18-2017 05:14 PM

Nice finishes Kristijoy. LOL you may want to rethink your salutation though since we have Rob in the mix. Not sure how he feels about being called one of the gals. Some guys don't mind. hehe

letawellman 01-18-2017 05:38 PM

Love the finishes, Kristi!! And you are the only one who will know that they ended up differently than the original plan - everyone else will look and say "what beautiful quilts!!" It looks like you are our Engine on this train!! Alas, I think I'm the caboose for now. :(

Customer came by and picked up her first quilt - her second one was still on the frame. I had stopped in the middle of a row (pantograph) because the more I did, the less I was happy with it. However, when she walked in, that's the first thing she saw, and she LOVES how it's going. SO, I will not be frogging this one after all!! I have my longarm meeting this Saturday and we're meeting friends for dinner Saturday night, so hopefully I can finish her quilt #2 between morning and evening church services on Sunday.
Then it will be the consignment quilt....
Then it will be the "Custom quilting" customer quilt #3.

THEN... perhaps... I can get some UFO's knocked out.

For those of you who are in the Charlotte metro/Upstate SC area, Foust Textiles in Kings Mountain will be having their "open to the public" sale Feb. 10 & 11. I hope to get a roll (or maybe two?) of batting, and possibly some wide backing. If I get the backing, it will kind of/sort of knock me "off the wagon" of the Fabric Moratorium. I have SOME backing... enough to finish 3 queen quilts... but if my customer base continues to grow, that will run out pretty quick. And it's nice to have something on hand that's neutral enough to go with most anything.

Oh well, we'll see how that goes.