Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2017 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2017-ufo-challenge-month-t284858.html)

rryder 03-23-2017 07:04 PM

Beautiful quilt QM. Those feathers are neat-- I like the different variations you used through the quilt.

Rob

oksewglad 03-23-2017 09:09 PM

Another winner QMomma...your practice stitching is soooooo much better than mine.

Tonight I got the scrap quilt quilted. I FMQ zigs and zags across the top. I have a long way to go in this quilting journey. I love Elmer's glue basting. I used a lightweight fleece on the back as well as an 80/20 batting...no tucks at all. Making binding now and thinking I'm ready to quilt another...I have 5 tops paired with batting and backing ready to glue baste.

patricej 03-24-2017 02:48 AM

Wowzer! two more really unique and beautiful quilts! :thumbup:

I am blown away and green with envy (in a good way!)

I am not sure i'll get anything all the way finished, myself, before the last day of this month.
two at the quilter's; one that needs a border fixed before i can sandwich it for quilting; one that's sandwiched and pinned; and one that needs binding.

i am really enjoying this challenge. it got me off my butt and busy with all those UFOs i had piled up.
this has been a great idea since it started. :thumbup:

joe'smom 03-24-2017 05:33 AM

Very cool finish, Kassaundra!

Beautiful, QuilterMomma!

rryder 03-24-2017 06:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a Finish! This UFO has been sitting for a little over a year. It is now done and hanging in the local art gallery. I used Lutradur for the top, did some decorative stitches on it, then collaged leftover fabric to the backside, sandwiched it with a layer of cotton batting scraps and used a piece of black craft felt from stash as the backing. Quilted it, then took outside and used a heat gun to "lace" the Lutradur... first time for me doing that on an actual piece and got a little heavy handed in some places, but that's ok. Then did a quilted grid to make sure it all held together. You can zoom in to see the Lutradur lacing. It's 36" x 24" I think....

oksewglad 03-24-2017 06:37 AM

I'll need to check this fabric and the process out...interesting...and yeah a finish!

Kassaundra 03-24-2017 06:44 AM

Rryder, cool art work I had to look up lutradur

Fraew 03-24-2017 07:39 AM

Thanks for the word of the day rryder. That's my something new for today. Great finish.

QuilterMomma 03-24-2017 07:48 AM

Rryder, that is a cool finish. You make wonderful art quilts.

Janice McC 03-24-2017 08:06 AM

Love the name! The front is so bold! Congratulations on a wonderful finish. Toot, Toot!

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7789427)
I'm so excited The Mullet is finally finished. It is 1.5 years late (was suppose to be a wedding gift). It is made from denim weight fabric on the front and fleece on the back. The couple that it is made for he is a huge Boston Celtic fan (even though he is a life long Okie). She is an absolute minimalist, her nick name is "Captain OCD" It is hard to see in the pics but there are two cream fabrics and two blues, they are solid, tot, and textured. I kept the front very minimalist w/ large graphic patterns. It is assembled and quilted QAYG. I call it "The Mullet" b/c it is business up front and party in the back.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]570198[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]570199[/ATTACH]