Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2017 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2017-ufo-challenge-month-t284858.html)

oksewglad 03-24-2017 08:17 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are 2 finishes for the month..first is the UFO that I deconstructed and used the sky piece in the mini for the February mini swap. The second is the Lego quilt...first a closeup of my Fmq zigzags...nothing fancy that's for sure. I didn't cut fabric for the Lego quilt...just used from the 1 1/2" strip bin. I estimate 90% of the fabric is gifted fabric. I used a light weight sweatshirt fleece left over from a project for DGD over 10 years ago. Yep that's a Lego on the floor from DGS..binding is from stash as well.[ATTACH=CONFIG]570333[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]570334[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]570335[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]570336[/ATTACH]

rryder 03-25-2017 03:53 AM

Great way to deal with a UFO--- in my book deconstructing a UFO and using it to make a finished piece counts as a UFO finish since it is no longer on your UFO pile.

good job on using scraps and stash for the legs quilt. Doesn't it feel good to watch those piles get smaller?:)

Bug Lady 03-25-2017 05:53 AM

QuilterMomma, Just love your quilt (637).

Oksewglad (661), to borrow a term, "WOWZER" That should go on the scrappy thread also, I just love scrappy quilts.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful craftsmanship guys.
Karen

Bug Lady 03-25-2017 05:56 AM

rryder (645) That is lovely. Your artistry is just WOW. Thanks for sharing.
Karen

Janice McC 03-26-2017 11:22 AM

Cherry, this is a delightful UFO finish! Congratulations and Toot, Toot![QUOTE=cherrybsixty;7790663]Finally, the pix of the finish for March. Thank heaven for the granddaughter.[/QUOTE]

Janice McC 03-26-2017 11:36 AM

Oksewglad, congratulations on 2 finishes this month! The lego quilt is awesome with all those wonderful fabrics. Great quilting! Good use of something old to make something new on the sky quilt! Toot, Toot!

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 7790996)
Here are 2 finishes for the month..first is the UFO that I deconstructed and used the sky piece in the mini for the February mini swap. The second is the Lego quilt...first a closeup of my Fmq zigzags...nothing fancy that's for sure. I didn't cut fabric for the Lego quilt...just used from the 1 1/2" strip bin. I estimate 90% of the fabric is gifted fabric. I used a light weight sweatshirt fleece left over from a project for DGD over 10 years ago. Yep that's a Lego on the floor from DGS..binding is from stash as well.[ATTACH=CONFIG]570333[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]570334[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]570335[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]570336[/ATTACH]

Grinch 03-27-2017 04:08 AM

Wow, there are some amazing quilts! I might be late for work this morning as I have spent too much time scrolling through the photos! I am so impressed with all of them!

I will have a UFO to add to the list this month. It has to be done this month because I put March 2017 on the quilt label. That is my motivation.

Janice McC 03-27-2017 05:28 AM

Grinch, whatever works! You can do it :)

Originally Posted by Grinch (Post 7792509)
Wow, there are some amazing quilts! I might be late for work this morning as I have spent too much time scrolling through the photos! I am so impressed with all of them!

I will have a UFO to add to the list this month. It has to be done this month because I put March 2017 on the quilt label. That is my motivation.

cherrybsixty 03-27-2017 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Grinch (Post 7792509)

I like this idea, that will commit oneself for sure. I've never done a label for my gifted quilts and my friends at my center is trying to talk me into doing one for the 'hand quilted one,' just can't wrap my mind around it. I know it helps document the quilt. I just can't get there.

joe'smom 03-27-2017 07:45 AM

Rob, your work is always fascinating. Congratulations on a great finish!

Cherry, that's such a pretty charity quilt; your hand quilting is lovely!

Okesewglad, your little landscape is charming, and what a fun Lego quilt!