Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2018 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2018-fabric-moratorium-t293585.html)

rryder 02-27-2018 05:08 AM

Oksewglad- those minis are cute! Congrats on using stash!

Teen- remind me what WOW stands for, I can’t for the life of me remember...

Conchalea- welcome!

petthefabric 02-27-2018 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Conchalea (Post 8012284)
Petthefabric, what pattern did you find? I have many short lengths of fabric I’d like to put to a good use.

It was a simple alternating large square and 4 patch. The large square was a focus fabric. The 4 patch was opposite corners a neutral and the other 2 colors from the focus fabric.

ckcowl 02-27-2018 01:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So here is my Sticks & Stones scrap quilt all quilted ready for binding. Lots of scraps/ stash used in this one. I’m feeling like I’m finally making some headway.

oksewglad 02-27-2018 03:41 PM

Nice sticks and stones....WTG in using odds and ends of fabrics!

Krisb 02-27-2018 05:29 PM

Ckcowl...the more seams you put in the more fabric you use. Great use of stash.

Teen 02-27-2018 07:48 PM

Rob...WOW = White on white.... It's tone on tone, which I use a lot in my quilts.

So, I went to the LQS and only bought WOW and 1 yard of yellow that I needed for my Sylvia's Bridal Sampler since I was running out in my stash. Cannot believe that almost all of my yellow has been pilfered and I had a 4" x 5" square of white left. Lol! Talk about using every inch of stash... I've used about 2/yards of focal fabric so far for 45 blocks for the SBS. 95 blocks to go...

Conchalea 03-01-2018 03:51 AM

Pet thefabric, thank you for the description of the pattern you found.
Yesterday I completed the table runner I started on Monday. Every bit of it came from fabric I had on hand. I used a total of about 0.67 yards in the construction. It’s a chevron design centered around a focal panel set on point. I pieced the batting & backing & used some left-over strips from jelly rolls or cut new 2.5” strips. The pieces around the center panel & the border were all from a pair of jeans I wore out on my 2 Harley rides to Yellowstone & surrounding states in 2011 & 2012. The seat was worn but there was plenty of leg fabric in good shape. It’s a rustic-looking piece, with a cowboy panel I found in my late mom’s stash, & destined for my best friend, who lives on 200 acres in west Texas. It will fit her kitchen perfectly. I’m having trouble loading pictures even from my computer, as mine are all too large & my OS doesn’t have a user-friendly way to crop them. I’m struggling with it.

petthefabric 03-01-2018 01:25 PM

Conchalea. QB won't take my full size pictures either. They must be "resize"d not cropped. The last one I posted was 40% and a little to large. So I think 25% is a good size for QB.

You're welcome for the discription. Before I forget it, think I'll use the leftover binding strips (2 1/2" wide) to make that pattern. Thanks for the reminder.

OhCanada 03-01-2018 02:26 PM

Very nice Sticks &Stones CKCowl, some very small bits of fabrics being used up! Love the vibrant colours.

rryder 03-02-2018 02:43 AM

Good job on the sticks and stones CKCowl- scrappies are perfect for using stsh and your looks like it use a lot!