Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2018 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2018-fabric-moratorium-t293585.html)

Teen 03-04-2018 08:03 PM

SillySusan.....the mystery #18 is actually on the Blocks of the Month thread...sorry...my boo boo..

retiredteacher09 03-05-2018 06:16 AM

SillySusan: Welcome!

Oksewglad: I had not heard the saying about a robin and snow. I thought I heard a robin last week but I couldn’t see it so that doesn’t count. Lol!

I have one more seam and another donation quilt top is done. I’m in the negative right now but I don’t have my LQS fabric yet for my BOM. I hope, however, to finish the BOM top by the end of March so I can get on the longarm list at my LQS for them to do it.

Connie

rryder 03-05-2018 02:40 PM

Glad you've joined us SillySusan!

I spent part of the weekend working on an art quilt top that used up a large piece of bright kelly green linen (?) that came from my grandmother's house and a bunch of long skinny scraps and some tiny scraps too. I'm at a stuck point with it right now, so it's on hold on my design wall so I can see it while working on other things-- I'm probably going to use more scraps on it and some thread painting before quilting, we'll see. It was fun to pull that piece of fabric out of my stash and try to figure out what to do with it since it's not a color I care for.

Rob

Teen 03-05-2018 04:07 PM

Rob....looking forward to seeing your new art quilt when finished...

I am so glad that I chose to use 2 bolts of fabric that have been in my stash for over a year for the Sylvia Bridal Sampler as the main focus fabric. I am really loving the blocks and believe this will be an awesome quilt when done. I have used a bunch and will use the whatever I have more of for the backing. Already thinking about borders and think I'm going to appliqué. I have finished 61 of the 140 blocks so far.

happylab 03-06-2018 03:36 PM

Welcome SillySusan.

I went to my LQS and did not follow my plan. I p/u my barn block, and 3 free fat quarters. The store was celebrating there 1st year anniversary. They had 3 yards of fabric for $15., and a bundle of 1 yard pieces with 3 fabrics for $10., both projects are for a charity quilt. So that is an exemption. I bought a roll of 2.5” for swap and left overs goes to my stash. I figure 1/2 of the roll will go to my stash. I also bought 1 pattern card for $2.00. So not bad I guess.

happylab 03-07-2018 11:03 AM

I used 2.25 yards from my stash for my 40” blue charity quilt. So that is out of stash. Then I made a small mug rug from stash, about 8” by 11”s times 2 for both front and back. Yea. See UFO’s challenge link for my pics.

petthefabric 03-07-2018 02:51 PM

I drove by LQS twice today. Almost turned in and thought about the pile of scraps at home. Whew! Made it home without new fabric. BUT I forgot to put gas in the car. I think there's enough to make 5 mi to the nearest station.

oksewglad 03-07-2018 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by petthefabric (Post 8017575)
I drove by LQS twice today. Almost turned in and thought about the pile of scraps at home. Whew! Made it home without new fabric. BUT I forgot to put gas in the car. I think there's enough to make 5 mi to the nearest station.

:D:D:D:D too funny

Teen 03-07-2018 04:00 PM

Lol!!! You were so focused, petthefabric!! Make sure you take your cell phone when you get gas...jus saying...

petthefabric 03-08-2018 12:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes, it takes mental concentration and talking to myself to pass up the LQS. The "needs gas light" isn't on yet, so I should be OK.

Made the train ride #18 from my scrap box and 2 stash pieces....yeh! [ATTACH=CONFIG]590445[/ATTACH] And it'll take 2 yrs to back and bind. Using up that stash!