Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2018 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2018-fabric-moratorium-t293585.html)

retiredteacher09 03-13-2018 04:39 PM

Martina: I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

Conchalea: I started smiling as soon as I saw your table runner because I have that fabric. It was in a donation. :). Very pretty table runner.

rryder: Congrats on your purchase. Enjoy using it.

Irishrose2 03-13-2018 05:34 PM

Second day on this quest and I bought fabric. :shock: The quilt is on the design wall and needs a back. I did buy less than I need so I can use more stash making a ladder of scraps to expand it. On the other hand, I went to JoAnn's and didn't buy anything else but the red I needed. There were a lot of better fabrics in clearance, but they are still there.

Teen 03-13-2018 06:05 PM

You are good, Irishrose.... Buying fabric to complete a project when you don't have anything in stash is within the guidelines. But, good job in buying less and strategizing the backing with stash. You get a thumbs up!!!

Irishrose2 03-13-2018 07:55 PM

Oh, I know the backing is allowed, but I just thought my timing was funny - join on Sunday and buy fabric on Tuesday.

petthefabric 03-16-2018 02:47 PM

Finished a top from scraps and stash 75x60. And put together 2 kits with completed blocks, back and binding which is about 3 yds ea. This is an estimated 40 yds. It so easy to collect fabric. Takes a lot more time to use it. The process is quite enjoyable and satisfying.

JJBlaine 03-16-2018 10:29 PM

I had a mediocre week in terms of my Moratorium-Hobby Lobby had some great fabrics in the $3 bin, and I ended up buying some 1/4 yd. cuts to use for my 365 and DJ (2 yards total), with the leftovers to go into the bin of precut scraps. But I did pull out a piece of about 8 yards from my stash for my mother's quilt and curtains, so I am still ahead!

Krisb 03-17-2018 11:51 AM

I am hanging in there. Bought one wide quilt backing, but it is already basted and half quilted. Went to JAF today. Bought a spool of thread and 1.5 yds of blackout lining for the bedroom window.

rryder 03-17-2018 04:27 PM

Being on this moratorium has been amazingly helpful to me. Today I went through my emails and even though lots of folks were offering Ntional quilter’s day or St. Patrick’s day specials, I didn’t buy anything... and I really tried, but I kept thinking about how the various special deal fabrics would fit into my stash and deciding they wouldn’t add anything I needed...

Rob

Teen 03-17-2018 05:46 PM

Good for you, you guys!!! I did go to LQS today and bought a 1930's jelly roll for SIL's b-day present....so this doesn't count since it doesn't hit my stash and was a present.....but, also, bought navy solid for a QOV I will be starting since I didn't have anything else in my stash that could be used in place of it.....so, I did good. though, she had some awesome new fabric come in...dang....that was hard to turn away from. She warned me that she is getting a new patriotic line coming in and, since I do so many for vets, she wanted me to know. So, I'm going to inventory my patriotic stash and see what I've got...then decide.

Conchalea 03-18-2018 04:24 AM

Sounds like being on this thread is helping a lot of people with “mindful” shopping. Going into a fabric store & only buying what’s needed to complete a project can be hard! As to the email lures-I’ve taken the advice of people on my knitting forum & unsubscribed from those siren calls. If I don’t see the temptations, I won’t buy them. Good job, everyone!