Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2018 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2018-fabric-moratorium-t293585.html)

Teen 04-11-2018 09:24 AM

Red...I am of like philosophy in terms of fabric purchases. I joined this challenge to help me keep it in the forefront of my mind when I'm planning projects. I have used so much yardage on my bolts so far. The hard part for me is passing up the FQ's. I'm a FQ hoarder. Lol!

Your guild challenge sounds fun.

happylab 04-15-2018 03:56 PM

On Friday went to a quilt shop, found pretty blue fabric at $6/yard, so I bought 10 yards. It only cost $62.00 total. I bought all that was on the bolt. I will use the fabric for background projects and borders. I may use it for my 365 day challenge. Afterwards we went to a quilt show and I bought a bag full of scraps for $2.50. Several f-8’s and large pieces. So that was a really good deal. Also saw some nice quilts. Nice relaxing day.

Krisb 04-15-2018 05:26 PM

I bought 2.5 yards of black solid. How could there be no black solid in the stash? And some white solid...ditto! And 3/4 yard of tossed sailboats for backing on SIL and her DH’s quilt for their new sailboat. The black solid is for boxes of strings.

oksewglad 04-15-2018 05:59 PM

Sounds like purchases are used to finish projects...good job folks!

I bought wide backing to finish the BH I pulled off the LA this week. I figured this was about 7 yards of standard fabric, so with this latest finish I am now at a -43 1/2 yards of fabric...feels so good!

PaperPrincess 04-16-2018 05:04 AM

Well I'm off to my quilting retreat on Thursday. I'm pretty excited. Spent a day cutting my projects from scraps and stash. One is for a large throw and I cut over 6 yards. The friend I'm meeting participates in several charity quilting groups & I'm bringing about 30 yards of stash to donate. Didn't even make a dent!

rryder 04-16-2018 06:18 AM

On Friday a quilting friend came by and we played all day. I got most of the small pieces quilted for a collaborative fabric piece. Yesterday I finished the last of the small pieces and pinned them onto the main fabric. This piece has so far used a 3’x 5’ black slinky fabric from stash (for the top) and a 3.5’ x 5.5’ piece of muslin (for the backing) also from stash. Had to spray baste and safety pin baste the quilt sandwich due to the slinky nature of the black fabric but I think it will work jusr fine. Now I need to figure out how I want to arrange the smaller pieces on the front and applique them down. The fun will come once all that’s done and I can quilt the beast. Who knew that playing in stash could be so much fun LOL!

oksewglad 04-16-2018 07:58 AM

Sounds like you are ready to go after your eye surgery, Rob...good deal!

Teen 04-16-2018 03:29 PM

Have fun, Paperprincess!! Very generous donation....cracks me up that it wasn't even a dent.lol...

Rob....anxious to see your art work. Always amazing...

I'm off to Idaho for a month on Wednesday. LQS's are on high alert! Lol! No promises on restraint and, please, pray that they will have the fabric for my Baltimore Album quilt project. I've listed the candidates from each store website so fingers crossed.

petthefabric 04-16-2018 04:15 PM

Was looking through my pattern drawer and found one I thought would be simple and wanted to make. Took that project to a "group sew" day. After reworking it to make the center square 5", it was great for novelty print fabric. Only have blocks made. Will show pick later. All fabric from stash, ~4.5 yds.

oksewglad 04-16-2018 07:17 PM

Have a good trip, Teen! Hope you find the fabric you need.

WTG Petthefabric! Waiting to see how your stash buster looks...