Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2018 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2018-ufo-challenge-month-t293707.html)

elly66 03-03-2018 08:03 AM

Those are beautiful oksewglad, Conchelea and QuilterMomma. Your plan for quilting them sounds like it will work well. Look forward to seeing them.

Teen 03-03-2018 07:39 PM

Goodness....these finishes are wonderful!

Oksewglad.....love the mini. You just whip out the hand quilting. Right on!

Quiltermomma... Your quilt is so pretty. I think it's amazing what you complete when you are still working fulltime. Your strategy for your UFO's sounds great.

Conchalea....love the pillow and the sentiments behind them. It would be so cool to be close to my mother and come over on craft day. I'm so envious. Those moments are so precious. Have fun. Your girls will love the pillows.

My quilter's household is going through the flu bug. Now her husband has it, bless them. I have 2 quilts prepped and ready that have been hanging for a couple of weeks. I have no deadline other than "I want these finished!". I'm reluctant to start another quilt so I continue to make SBS blocks. 57 of 140 are done. I may do a mini since I can quilt that quickly. I still have a UFO (pizza box find) that need additional blocks made so I might cut those out tomorrow.

Conchalea 03-03-2018 08:39 PM

Teen-thank you. My daughters & I are very close, both emotionally & geographically. We spend a lot of time together. Today they both scrapbooked while I trimmed threads on the quilt made from the rest of the blocks from Mom’s box.
I also started a new project-a wall hanging for a friend I often ride with. Her birthday is in May & I found a perfect idea for her. It’s a fun project, but a new one rather than a UFO. It’s using up some stash fabric, but a lot of it is from new fabric so it won’t help reduce my stash very much.

Teen 03-03-2018 08:48 PM

That sounded like a lovely afternoon with your girls. Please share your wall hanging when done. I believe "new" fabric is now considered stash so....you are using stash. Lol...Semantics but works for me..lol.

sunrise450 03-04-2018 05:46 AM

Quiltermom, congratulations on your finish, Looking good!

oksewglad, your mini turned out adorable! The little yellow one in the lower left hand corner looks like a bow tie, so cute!

Conchelea, your pillows turned out so pretty, I'm sure that your daughters will love them.

oksewglad 03-04-2018 07:06 AM

sunrise, thanks...all the blocks are the Broken Dishes pattern, just 4 sets of identical HST's...a fun block to make with left overs...whatever the size.

QuilterMomma 03-05-2018 08:49 AM

Conchalea....love the pillow Your girls will love the pillows.

QuilterMomma 03-05-2018 08:53 AM

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]590264[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]590265[/ATTACH]
Two more finishes. The Kaffe Fasset was a ufo from 2014, then did the Boom 18 and left it. I abandoned the 2014 ufo and used the pieces I made for the boom swap setting and this is what I go. Turned out pretty good. My seams are not perfect on it, but it is done and daughter quilted it. Yeah, a finish there.
Then the 30s quilt is from a BOM from 2008 I think, not sure. Took me more than a year to just get the blocks made then set aside for a couple of years, finished the top then set aside to quilt. Took me a few years to make the decision, better done than perfect. I did an edge to edge to finish it and glad I did. It is cute, but anything extra on quilting would have taken away from the cute blocks and applique. All done.
I have binding to do on two table runners that are ufos. Will get on them tomorrow am.

kristakz 03-05-2018 01:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Woohoo! One 4-year-old UFO completed. It was a bit of a saga to get here, but I found a top to match the backing I made a couple of weeks ago, added 2 borders (well, added 4 borders, ripped them off, added strips to make the top the size I thought it was, and re-added 2 borders). Quilted with a pantograph, which is perfect because custom quilting is why this top was a UFO in the first place.

Binding is 2-colour - white on the back and black on the front.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]590282[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]590283[/ATTACH]

rryder 03-05-2018 02:30 PM

Conchelea- very pretty pillows, congratulations on your finish!

QM- two great finishes- way to go!

Krista- wait! is that one quilt or two? Either way, they're stunning!

rob