Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2018 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2018-ufo-challenge-month-t293707.html)

Dedemac 01-04-2018 06:16 AM

Good Morning, I have been a lurker for 5 years! Love reading all the progress on everyone's UFO's and PHD's while trying to convince myself, that since I am such a new quilter that I don't have any unfinished things. Flash! looked in the closet and saw a 2 quilts that were started some where around 2010 and 2013 then took a good look at my labels on my bins. There are 10 right off the bat! I need help and encouragement that this thread gives. My goal is to try to finish at least 4 of them this year. While not adding to the stash of UFO's.

Also love everyone's pictures you are some awesome quilters!

sunrise450 01-04-2018 09:32 AM

I think I went nuts on fabric bought last year and UFO's started. I don't think I will be counting the UFOs either. There are just too many. I am in the midst of organizing my sewing room. That has been a daunting task but also rewarding. I discovered a large plastic box filled with 1/2 square triangles! I haven't finished going through them yet but there are more than enough for a quilt, or maybe a table runner and place mats. Plus!
My next step is joining a group for not buying fabric for 2018.

D.Henson 01-04-2018 10:06 AM

sunrise: Keep going on that sewing room. I love the look and feeling of accomplishment when I clean and organize my sewing room, or any room for that matter. It sure would be hard to not buy any fabric for a year. I love checking out the new stuff at my LQS. Maybe limit yourself to just a few FQ. :D Good luck on the UFOs. I will be watching for progress pictures.

QuilterMomma 01-04-2018 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by rryder (Post 7975838)
Cute finish QM!

Thank you. Was a challenge to embroider on the middle and be sure to align the inner penguin with the letters on the outside. Shekenah likes it.

Teen 01-04-2018 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Dedemac (Post 7976277)
Good Morning, I have been a lurker for 5 years! Love reading all the progress on everyone's UFO's and PHD's while trying to convince myself, that since I am such a new quilter that I don't have any unfinished things. Flash! looked in the closet and saw a 2 quilts that were started some where around 2010 and 2013 then took a good look at my labels on my bins. There are 10 right off the bat! I need help and encouragement that this thread gives. My goal is to try to finish at least 4 of them this year. While not adding to the stash of UFO's.

Also love everyone's pictures you are some awesome quilters!

They were very sneaky to hide from you. Good luck with your goal this year. One day at a time....one stitch at a time.

WMUTeach 01-05-2018 06:08 AM

I am back for another year. I am not counting and will not count. For me, that puts on too much pressure. I have promised myself that I will finish one UFO before I can start a new quit. That will work well until I hit the Farmer's Wife quilt that needs 25 blocks, assembly and quilting. Oh, well every rule needs an exception. I have one UFO sandwiched and ready to quilt and 5 of 6 rows of my guild exchange block quilt for 2017 finished. So....here I go! I am on for the ride with all of you!

Anoka Quilter 01-05-2018 07:23 AM

My goal this weekend is to finish a UFO that has been 14 years in the making. First step completed, pulling it out of its hiding spot and ironing the quilt and backing fabric. Planning on putting it on the long arm tonight so I can spend the day tomorrow working on it. Would be nice to get this one finally done after all these years.

QuilterMomma 01-05-2018 08:35 AM

The quilting is the fun part, but that binding. :p

Battle Axe 01-05-2018 08:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Wow, kristakr with 41 UFOs. i think you are the winner. Here is the one I have chosen to work on. I think it is from 2000 or before. It's part of a pattern Madison House, but I just did the tree. This is how it came out of the closet.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]586625[/ATTACH]

rryder 01-05-2018 11:30 AM

I like that Battle-axe!