Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2019 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2019-fabric-moratorium-t301821.html)

Teen 01-21-2019 02:20 PM

Saw a really cool new fabric collection from Connecting Threads today. They typically have a booth at Road to Calif. so, if they have it at a better price then on-line, then I'm getting it. Other than that, I don't see myself needing anything from quilt show....but you never know..lol..Lordy!

Conchalea 01-21-2019 03:37 PM

Belfrybat, I think I bought the pattern on Amazon. It’s by Jaybird quilts.

Belfrybat 01-22-2019 08:08 AM

Many thanks. I like friendship stars and this is such a neat patterns.

Originally Posted by Conchalea (Post 8197422)
Belfrybat, I think I bought the pattern on Amazon. It’s by Jaybird quilts.

Iceblossom 01-22-2019 08:24 AM

I do shop my stash first and wish I could join you all in this non-buying, but I just can't resist the good deals I get at thrift stores. As far as I can commit, I will buy no full priced fabric if I can at all help it. I also need a certain amount of leeway because my one good LQS is closing shortly and I will be picking up some goodies before they go.

I will, however, be making up some bundles of fabric to send out to people to share the wealth and if I can help any of you with "collector requests" so that you don't have to buy fabric, let me know! I've made this offer and been misunderstood before, I'm not trying to give away my stash so telling me "anything you don't want" doesn't work -- I want it all. But if you are needing a specific color or theme or whatever, I might indeed have something I can send. I need particulars like minimum needed size -- most of my fabric is in fairly small pieces (I have a person I met here on the boards that gets my small crumb pieces and such leftover from fussy cutting), color, theme, etc. and it usually takes me a couple of weeks to get a package together.

grann of 6 01-22-2019 08:27 AM

Well, I am well on my way to busting a teeny tiny bit of my stash. I am making a king-size quilt for a friend from three jelly rolls that are 2 3/4" wide instead of the usual 2 1/2". They have been in the stash for a few years since they would need to be cut down to size for most patterns. But a rail fence doesn't matter, just cut the blocks to be the same length as the width is. Then I am going to put them on point, using a few yards from a bolt of gold color batik I have been "hoarding" waiting for just the right project. I also have another bolt of a gold color print batik that will be the backing, so that should get rid of about 9 yards for the backing, and a couple yards for the setting triangles.

I finished the Craftsy quilt top, making 2 kits used. I just have to make the backing for the 2nd one.

I was going to post some pics but was having difficulty, I think they need to be resized some more. Will try again later after I mess around a bit.

newbee3 01-22-2019 08:35 AM

everyone knows fabric prices will go up so you should buy what you want now

oksewglad 01-22-2019 08:47 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I managed to use up a yard of fabric from stash in these little finishes for a school fundraiser.[ATTACH=CONFIG]607217[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]607218[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]607219[/ATTACH]

Teen 01-22-2019 09:01 AM

Iceblossom....that is a sweet and generous offer. Thank you! It's a sad day when we lose another LQS. It hits doubly hard when it's a favorite.

OK...adorable little quilts. Should raise some good cash for school.

Judith1005 01-22-2019 09:43 AM

OK, adorable minis!! Love, love, love!

Iceblossom, that is really sweet and generous of you.

I had to make a small purchase of a 1/3 of a specific white. I had already compromised to use the white I had in stash to go with a white heart print that I did not have enough of. I did not want to make it any scrappier then I already did. So, basically, I bought just what I needed with a touch left over. But, white gets used up in my stash pretty quick. I never buy smaller then a 1/3 of a yard with JoAnn Fabrics. They are stingy with their cuts and I always loose at least an inch when straightening the fabric. The fabric was on sale and, I could have bought a lot more. So, feel good that I only bought my minimum cut. Enough to finish my Topper.

https://i1189.photobucket.com/albums..._121934174.jpg

Now to see if I can get it quilted before Valentine's Day. I might just seek out a friends help. This is 47 1/2" sq.

grann of 6 01-22-2019 10:10 AM

What cute toppers! And Judith, yours is adorable too. I think your friend can get it done by then, unless the mail is slow.:D