Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2019 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2019-fabric-moratorium-t301821.html)

Conchalea 01-22-2019 10:59 AM

Great use of stash, everyone! I like the toppers shown & buying to complete a project is okay. You don’t want it to become a UFO, after all.

LindaJane 01-22-2019 03:50 PM

Some sewing completed this weekend. I had yesterday off for MLK day and made one elephant 4 tote bags and 5 burp rags. Today I had taken off because I had a bible study in the morning and Quilt guild meeting in the afternoon, both were canceled due to icy weather so spent the morning sleeping in and the afternoon sewing, 5 bags, 3 zipper pouches, 1 stuffed lizard and 1 pillow. Made a very small dent in one drawer of fabric.

oksewglad 01-22-2019 04:17 PM

Can't wait to see how you finish the churn dashes, Judith! That's a favorite block of mine!

Judith1005 01-22-2019 04:54 PM

LindaJane, your elephant stuffy's are darling. I am sure they are going to be a toddler favorite!

Conchalea, your unwind quilt is darling. I love those colors together.

My Valentine topper is off to the quilter. So, no UFO in the making on that. I am so relieved.

retiredteacher09 01-22-2019 05:36 PM

LindaJane: I would love to snuggle up to your elephants!

jmoore: Cute placemats!

Conchalea: Very pretty Unwind quilt

Oksewglad: Adorable minis. Good luck with the school fundraiser.

Judith: A wonderful topper.

sewingitalltogether 01-23-2019 06:00 AM

Ok, I'm not doing very good with fabric moratorium thing. I love fabric. Somehow it makes me happy. Ordered another 3 yards of a swirly batik. And 5 yards of applique interfacing. So far this month I've ordered off of the internet 4 times. Yes, I belong in this group. What I have started doing, which I have never done before, is writing down each purchase. That will give me a reality check. Instead of just buying at will, I will be able to see my purchases. I'm very visual. It will also help me to point out what I've bought to use on an immediate project or what I've just added to the stash.

PamelaOry 01-23-2019 08:53 AM

Good for you! It sounds like you’ve identified the next step in the process to change your behavior and that is to increase your awareness of what you’re doing. Not everyone makes changes quickly.

Originally Posted by sewingitalltogether (Post 8198318)
Ok, I'm not doing very good with fabric moratorium thing. I love fabric. Somehow it makes me happy. Ordered another 3 yards of a swirly batik. And 5 yards of applique interfacing. So far this month I've ordered off of the internet 4 times. Yes, I belong in this group. What I have started doing, which I have never done before, is writing down each purchase. That will give me a reality check. Instead of just buying at will, I will be able to see my purchases. I'm very visual. It will also help me to point out what I've bought to use on an immediate project or what I've just added to the stash.

oksewglad 01-23-2019 01:15 PM

Not to sound sanctimonious, I must admit I've been pretty good at not buying fabric. My problem comes from "gifted" fabric...odds and ends no one wants to deal with. One of the perks is I have fabric I don't normally buy (colors, styles). One of the downsides I have fabric I wouldn't think of buying:D. And the sorting and storing is starting to overwhelm me. I need to say "no thank you"....
....OBTW Friday a quilt friend is giving me some selvages.

retiredteacher09 01-23-2019 04:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I was working on assembling a couple of projects and, as I went to add some blocks, I saw a smiley face. It looks like it’s peeking out behind a branch. :). Look in the middle of the photo.

It actually is part of a musical note.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]607274[/ATTACH]

patski 01-23-2019 04:48 PM

I didn't buy last year and plan to stay on my fabric diet. When I use up what I have I will shop again. It makes me more creative to use what I have