Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2019 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2019-fabric-moratorium-t301821.html)

grann of 6 02-04-2019 06:26 AM

If worse comes to worse I can always use a WoW since the background is WoW mini polka dots. I may even have some here, but probably not enough. There is binding fabric in the kit.

toverly 02-04-2019 07:46 AM

Boy did I fall off the wagon! I went to the Ricky Tims Quilt Luminarium in Fort Walton Beach and fell hard for his hand dyed fabrics. I refuse to mention how much I spent but I will say that I will pet and cuddle this fabric for a while. But now, I'm flagging y'all down and hopping back on. Please don't boot me off.

happylab 02-04-2019 08:34 AM

Toverly, here’s a hand Up to get back on the wagon. Don’t feel bad, last month I over bought at a MSQC sale on batiks. but my goal to make 2-3 future projects with the fabric.

Now back to BHMQ-GF.

Teen 02-04-2019 09:18 AM

Deleted emails this morning even tho one daily deal really caught my eye.....however, I bought pattern last night. Ugh! It's a small project. Since Everything is packed, I'm trying to use up the leftover fabrics from the one project I kept out to work on. Did not anticipate finishing it before we moved so I'm trying to use up this fabric...So far, I am using it for a 2nd quilt Dresden pattern but still have some leftover.

PamelaOry 02-04-2019 09:51 AM

Dresdens are so beautiful. I shopped and filled my cart with a dd and some Stars and Stripes fabric I want but never clicked through. Whew. By the time I went back to it in a weak moment, the dd had sold out. Temptation gone.

grann of 6 02-04-2019 02:40 PM

Well ladies, my foot slipped off the wagon, so I need a hand back up. But I was so good, couldn't find a batik I wanted at HOP, so I checked out MSQC, found just the right one and ordered 6 yards. I started to check out the sales bin to get my order up to free shipping, and decided that was not wise. So I paid the $5 shipping and only got my 6 yards. That will be for the back of the Dakota Sunrise quilt. The ugly piece I found will have to go back in the closet because it wasn't big enough no matter how I tried. And 3 others weren't big enough either. I figured if I went shopping I could probably find a better match, but I know I would buy other things, so internet shopping is the way to go these days.

SillySusan 02-04-2019 05:03 PM

Oh, ladies, what are we going to do to keep you on this rickety wagon? Last year, we made people who slipped up do push-ups before they were allowed back on, but I haven't seen that as an option this year. Any suggestions??

petthefabric 02-05-2019 01:25 PM

Hi. My name is Petthefabric. I'm a fabriholic. Living one day (minute if in a fabric store) at a time. Snowed in today and don't do internet shopping====safe. Yesterday, went to a class at LQS. Left with machine cleaning tool, fabulous light and light bulb. I can justify the light but feeling a little guilty. DH is home because of snow-schools all closed. Maybe he can hang a mirror and lights for me.

quiltmouse 02-05-2019 02:50 PM

Hi. I'm quiltmouse. It's been 63 days since I purchased fabric.

7 more yards in the donation lady bag.

Total out 2019
1-5/8 y cut down (I have a master cut-down plan)
5 y used in a crocheted rag rug
20-3/4 y given to donation ladies

27-3/8 y total

oksewglad 02-05-2019 04:39 PM

Good for your quiltmouse...I saw your UFO plan...that should help as well!