Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2019 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2019-fabric-moratorium-t301821.html)

retiredteacher09 03-05-2019 04:50 PM

jmoore: Very pretty!

Oksewglad: Congratulations on using up those strips.

Mary Christine 03-05-2019 05:30 PM

jmoore, I love those blue strings!

Darcyshannon 03-05-2019 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by jmoore (Post 8220344)
Welcome aboard Plee. I have been lurking on this thread since January and love reading how disciplined everyone is. I had purchase a handful of FQs while at QuiltCon in Nashville last week for a class that I was lucky enough to get enrolled in. I am currently working on a project and using up scraps from my bin of strings...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]609735[/ATTACH]

Great use of those pesky scraps.

Darcyshannon 03-05-2019 11:41 PM

Well, Uhm, my LQS has a sale that I found hard to resist 25% off of batiks and 30% off of Moda Grunge which is one of my favorites. I did limit myself to one cut of a batik that can work into existing projects and I bought 1/2 yards of grung in colors that I like and want to experiment with and have already used two of the colors I purchased. I will not buy anymore although it is on sale for over ten more days. I just won’t go to that store.

TouchOfRustic 03-06-2019 08:13 AM

Everyone is doing so great! I’m young in life and young in my quilting journey so I don’t have much of a stash but I’m trying to keep myself reasonable in my purchases. From November until about now (Fun fact, national quilting day is in March!) there are several good sales at the shops/online that I frequent. So I try to plan out my projects for the year, shop accordingly, and now I’m ready to hop on the wagon! My husband is wonderfully patient, but I’m sure he appreciates my efforts to moderate my shopping!

The biggest thing that helps me is planning. If I can buy the right amount the first time I hopefully will buy less overall. Thanks for the support guys!

oksewglad 03-06-2019 08:31 AM

TouchOfRustic..great advice...wish i heard it 35 years ago!

joe'smom 03-06-2019 09:24 AM

jmoore, your blue strings with the white look so refreshing!

grann of 6 03-06-2019 10:54 AM

Someone must have thrown a banana peel on the wagon, because I just slipped a bit. I had to order more thread for the longarm from Blluprint and while there I perused some sale fabric. They had the Ruby Rue on sale again, so I got 10 yds of the neutral that will make a great background fabric for one of the next intended quilts. I guess technically it is not a slip because I know what it is going to be used for, not that I Had to have it, but it is part of the collection and I have the pattern at the ready.

Darcyshannon 03-06-2019 12:57 PM

It is hard not to slip a bit. I have some goals that I need to complete before considering any more fabric purchases that are large. I don’t mind a small amount under 20 for specific needs etc.

Not sure what to think but we have a new LQS opening that is less than five minutes from my house. I am going to opening party tomorrow.

Conchalea 03-06-2019 04:25 PM

I WANT to buy some fabric to complete a quilt, but I don’t want to go to the store or spend the $$. So my quilt languishes...

Another top is in progress, but it’s not one that really has me enthralled. So far I’ve been able to stay on the wagon.