Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2020 UFO Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2020-ufo-challenge-t308972.html)

rryder 08-05-2020 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by cherrybsixty (Post 8407739)
Well, I said the other day that I was here for the conversation, the apron making that I'm getting completed were cut-out years ago, one of them was cut out in 2013 and the other one from 2018, now that one I have finished and I'm working on the 2013. It's a gem, all silver and glittery. It's going to make some girl smile, for sure. Taking my time with that one, cause I want to stir some attention with it.

That all the conversation I can stir up this evening, so y'all stay safe

cherryb

those aprons sound like UFOs to me. Congratulations on getting them done!

Rob

Krisb 08-05-2020 08:24 AM

They sound like UFOs to me, too!

cherrybsixty 08-06-2020 01:07 PM

I couldn't resist it today, maybe I should have worked on those UFO-aprons, but I had to break out and drive. My DGD and I broke out this house and did a little errand-running. Like she said it felt good to get out in the air for a little while. She doesn't drive yet, only fourteen, I'm looking forward to it. The Mother (DD) is not, but it's got to happen. So, tomorrow I'll buckle down and get back to those aprons.

Stay safe everyone

cherryb

sewbizgirl 08-06-2020 04:20 PM

Cherry, who are you making the aprons for? Christmas gifts?

retiredteacher09 08-06-2020 05:02 PM

cherryb: Good for you that you took a drive with your DGD. We need to keep our driving skills in shape. I know the first time I left our town to venture 10 miles to the next town, my driving skills were a little rusty after 2 months of only going 3 miles to pick up my groceries through the drive through area. Of course, there was construction all over the place so I needed to watch the road signs and lane changes a little more carefully. Lol!

cherrybsixty 08-06-2020 05:33 PM

Good evening everyone, Sewbiz, I was going to do a little start-up with making all kind of vintage aprons, a few year back. Before I retired and I cut out a few and would make a few dollars off of it. It didn't take-off like I thought, so they went in a box. I am trying to finish two of them to ship to a dear cousin that lives in Texas. She doesn't sew, but she wants to gift them. I just made two before I moved from Kansas for another friend that gifted them.

Retired, this is all new territory to me, I got to get the lay of the land. But, you are right, I'm not interested in giving up my rights to drive, yet

So, tomorrow I will be back to sewing, be safe everyone

cherryb

retiredteacher09 08-07-2020 04:29 PM

cherrybsixty: I knew you moved but I didn’t think about you needing to get to know the lay of the land. Are you in a big city?

WMUTeach 08-07-2020 05:01 PM

Nearly finished with a UFO that I found hiding in a box. Just need to shop for some yardage for the final sashing, sandwich and quilt. Looks like August will be a good UFO month as well as Fabric Moratorium Month for me. Fingers crossed and needle threaded.

cherrybsixty 08-07-2020 05:21 PM

Retired, I'm in the Greater Atlanta area, a small community of Buford GA. It's on the same scale as Olathe KS, just the pace is a little faster. I would come over in this area when I would spend the summer with my grandchildren. They lived in Lawrenceville GA then. My bearing are just turned around, I can't get my North from my South. It just feels all different. I get turned around when I go out to Las Vegas to dog-sit with the furr-babies there.

Didn't get too much done today, tried to cook a big dinner, not a great fan of carry-in or dining out. Even before the virus, just rather cook it myself

WMUT, love how put that fingers and needles

Stay safe everyone

cherryb

sewbizgirl 08-07-2020 07:29 PM

WMUTeach, what a pretty quilt in your avatar!