Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2020 UFO Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2020-ufo-challenge-t308972.html)

retiredteacher09 11-08-2020 04:40 PM

oksewglad: I’m sorry to hear about your brother’s health after a fire. I’m sure he was thankful that MrOk and you could help. Wahoo to finding the UFO that will work for him.

rryder 11-09-2020 02:44 PM

Oksewglad- I’m so sorry to hear about your brother’s house fire and health issues. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Rob

oksewglad 11-09-2020 04:03 PM

Thanks for the caring, folks. He is doing fine; just minor injuries. Meanwhile I've been trying to salvage some items...not much though.

Teen 11-09-2020 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 8431007)
I'm impressed Conchalea! You and Teen are two of a kind. Unfortunately I am not.

My next quilt will be a UFO finish not really by choice, but that's not all bad. A couple of weeks ago my older brother had a minor house fire. Because of the location of the fire next to a shared wall the house is not livable at time. He was in rehab for minor smoke inhalation and burns and is ready for the next step. Hopefully he will be move into an assisted living program. MrOK and I cleaned out what was salvageable...not much as there was smoke and water damage. Now that I have some things cleaned up for him it's time to get to some quilting! I found a UFO quilt I started when we moved into the house 13 years ago! It will fit his needs perfectly...a masculine quilt made from shirtings and some black and burgundy. It was supposed to be for the family room down stairs, but the Grands have nabbed onto all sorts of quilts for when they are down here so I won't miss it and it is about half done. Less time for me to spend on getting a quilt done for him to. Now back to my regularly scheduled quilting!

Hoping all works out for your brother, OK. Very scary...

Teen 11-12-2020 05:10 PM

Today, I got so frustrated with my applique border (did not like the look of it) that I ripped it out, cut the 8” border to a 3” border and prepped it for LA’er. This quilt really doesn’t need the applique border so...good thing...cuz it is done. And, the size change is not a big deal.. so, I am moving on to new project... I may spend some time making a baby quilt using the “triangles” that were created when I squared an on-point quilt I made a couple of months ago. It’s soft colors so it should be a pretty little scrappy quilt.

oksewglad 11-12-2020 07:19 PM

Great save on the border...you know you will like it better with no regrets, Teen. Nice save on the baby quilt with LO triangles!

I finished the top for my brother. I found a simple scrappy 9P quilt top my sister had made for Project Linus, but that's as far as she got with it. She passed away in June and I think I can find a couple of border fabrics to make it for our brother. He'll appreciate having a quilt from her since the ones she had made for him were damaged.

Meanwhile I have a UFO on the LA. Has some issues with the panto I was using so ripped out 3 rows of stitching and Wednesday night started with a different design. Going to run down and work on the LA now.

Teen 11-13-2020 01:23 PM

Ok...oh, what an awesome quilt to make your brother. So sad that hers were lost in fire. You have such a sweet heart...

retiredteacher09 11-13-2020 06:56 PM

oksewglad: Your brother will cherish that new quilt when given to him.

I’m making progress on my 2 UFOs. I hope to have at least one top done in a couple of days. Our church quilting group can’t meet again because the church is closed through November because of some staff cases. Ugh! So I will make the tops and store them until we can get in the room to quilt again.

WMUTeach 11-15-2020 12:26 PM

November Finish

1 Attachment(s)
Ta-Dah! A UFO finish for November! It has been a while since I posted a UFO finish. This one was my first January quilt but it just hung in my closet until November. Hope to get one more in this month. Fingers crossed.

oksewglad 11-15-2020 01:04 PM

Well done WMUTeach