Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2020 UFO Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2020-ufo-challenge-t308972.html)

retiredteacher09 05-27-2020 04:23 PM

I have the 1920’s and the 1930’s books and started some blocks in one of them probably 3-4 years ago. I think I have since incorporated the blocks into orphan block quilts but not sure. They may still appear in a bin or box. Lol!

petthefabric 05-27-2020 08:29 PM

Teen; is the cross hatching basting? Do you quilt over it or remove it as you go?

Teen 05-28-2020 06:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pet....No, the crosshatching is part of design. I used water soluble pen to mark.....Here's another picture of another corner after I removed the markings...

cherrybsixty 05-29-2020 05:55 AM

GM everyone this is my last post before the great move, tomorrow I am own my way. So, not sure if I'll have the hook-up when I get planted. Or how long it will take me to re-connect. I've enjoyed each and every one of your stories. Thank you for having patience with mine.

Teen the Domestic Quilting is gorgeous

Stay safe everyone

cherryb

rryder 05-29-2020 06:26 AM

Teen- your quilting is looking great!

Cherrybsixty- best wishes for your move and looking forward to seeing your new digs when you get settled!

Rob

retiredteacher09 05-29-2020 06:02 PM

cherrybsixty: Blessings for safe travel and a wonderful new experience. Hopefully, you will be able to connect quickly to the new Internet plan.

sewbizgirl 05-30-2020 03:28 PM

Best wishes, Cherry!

Krisb 05-30-2020 09:03 PM

Preliminary count for May

Trying to get this on early in the day so that you can PM me if you had a finish that has been inadvertently left out.

1–Sewbiz Girl’s Teddy Bear trauma blanket. I know from my working days that kids in these situations get a lot of comfort from a blanket or stuffed animal

2– Connie’s top is out of her hands and on to her church group

3&4–Cherrybesixty finished two aprons while packing for for her delayed move.

5&6–JeanneS came back after a while away and has already put the final touches (binding) on two UFO’s. She has raised the bar for the rest of us.

7–Retired Teacher finished a Sesame St top for her church quilting group. Ah, fer cute!

8–Another lovey for kids experiencing trauma from SewBiz Girl.

Still the rest of Sunday to have a May finish completed! I have one that just needs binding and a tad more quilting, so I hope to have it. The second needs one border added, quilting and binding, so it would be a miracle if that is done before June.

This would be 107 for the year! We can get to 110 by the end of May!

rryder 05-31-2020 01:36 PM

3 for May

1 Attachment(s)
Hey all, I have 3 May UFO finishes. They were three small art pieces that I started 8 or 9 years ago and never got around to finishing, so I decided to just sandwich them and quilt them so I could try a new way of doing my rattail binding to see if it would work better than the old way I had been doing it. Anyway, they're now off my UFO pile. Yay!

Rob

judy363905 05-31-2020 04:52 PM

May UFO completed

This is a small wall hanging. I named it “Quilted Flower Garden”. I pieced it in 2008 Opps label says completed 4/21/2020

can not post photo anyhow. Sorry