Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2020 UFO Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2020-ufo-challenge-t308972.html)

retiredteacher09 05-31-2020 06:03 PM

Nice finishes, Rob! Congratulations!

Judy: I hope you will figure out the picture posting. I know I need to reduce the size of my picture with an app in order to post,

Rff1010 06-01-2020 01:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Add one more to the May finish pile. Brownie v2 got bound last night amid 3 episodes of West Wing (still so good!). No finished pix but I have unfinished one- here is the front and I also pieced back w scraps.

Conchalea 06-01-2020 04:07 AM

Nice end-of-the a-month finishes, Rob, Judy, & Rff! I hope to finish 2 baby quilts I began during quarantine. One has fabric I separated from a bag donated to make masks. I did make masks, but there was an animal panel in the bag that I couldn't resist using in a baby quilt. The animals are large & would have been just blobs of color in a mask. So I rescued it from that fate. The other quilt I ordered some jelly rolls & made a log cabin in red, white, & blue. I need a dark red for the border plus backing. I plan to quilt the animal panel while following along with Pat Sloan's June quilting challenges. I've quilted all my own quilts so far, & hope to improve my FMQ with her tips.

retiredteacher09 06-01-2020 05:17 PM

Rff1010: Congratulations on a finish. I like your color combinations.

Conchalea: I follow Pat Sloan also but I won’t be doing the free motion quilting. I will, however, watch and learn.

Teen 06-01-2020 06:58 PM

Great finishes...Rob....amazing quilting! Rff...so pretty...love the plaid fabric in this top. Judy....hoping you can post a pic of your finish.

Congrats to all the May finishers!!

I finished my garden quilt (Start to finish = no UFO..woohoo!) and made another pillow with the scraps so I am on to my next quilt project.

Teen 06-01-2020 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 (Post 8389969)
Rff1010: Congratulations on a finish. I like your color combinations.

Conchalea: I follow Pat Sloan also but I won’t be doing the free motion quilting. I will, however, watch and learn.

I love Pat Sloan!! I'll be following the quilt-along for tips but I Won't be participating, either.

oksewglad 06-01-2020 07:25 PM

Wonderful to see all your finishes. I've been trying to finish up some minis and then I get started on a new one while chain stitching the old one! Also been spending lots of garden time...picked some radishes tonight, have some asparagus frozen and enjoying fresh lettuce as well. Now that I'm back to work 3 days a week I'm not getting as much accomplished, but the orioles and hummingbirds are getting fed!

judy363905 06-02-2020 02:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 (Post 8389716)
Nice finishes, Rob! Congratulations!

Judy: I hope you will figure out the picture posting. I know I need to reduce the size of my picture with an app in order to post,

giving it a try ....

sewbizgirl 06-02-2020 04:39 PM

Very nice, Judy!

WMUTeach 06-02-2020 04:44 PM

Whoo Hoo, You did it Judy! photo for the world to see. Lovely work.