Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2020 UFO Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2020-ufo-challenge-t308972.html)

Teen 01-26-2020 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach (Post 8355156)
e :o My goal for February is two finishes! I think it can be done.

Cheering you on!

Conchalea 01-27-2020 05:30 AM

I thought I had cleared my UFO stack, but while packing fabric I came across some left over blocks from a quilt i made last year (I think). So I've put those blocks & coordinating fabric together & plan to make pillow cases to go with the quilt. Those will be for February at the earliest, since my after-school classes start today. The classes themselves are only an hour long, but with travel & set up time, they actually take 2.5 hours each afternoon. The first week usually takes longer, with earlier arrival time in order to get all kids rounded up & in the right place.

cherrybsixty 01-27-2020 06:14 AM

Good morning everyone, thanks Krisb, for the link. Congratulations Belfrybat on that beautiful finish. I am a little slow with technology but I'll get it figured out. I don't know of anyone that doesn't have at least one lurking around unfinished some where. We still creating new challenges and they have to have a time out

Happy sewing day everyone

cherryb

oksewglad 01-27-2020 06:38 AM

Conchalea...now that's getting organized and ready to go for sewing time:thumbup:.

Last night got the now quilted UFO trimmed; binding later Next quilt is a baby quilt started this month an going to get it done so it doesn't end up in UFO land! Will pm zozee when finished.

Motorcyclemad 01-27-2020 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by NZquilter (Post 8354897)
Congratulations to everyone who made the goal!!! I'm riding in the caboose of this UFO train. I'll get a finish one day, but I'm not stressing over it yet. My life has just gotten so busy with the little ones lately. I try for 15 minutes a day sewing.

Originally Posted by WMUTeach (Post 8355156)
NZquilter, I am sitting with you in the caboose hand quilting like crazy and my UFO is moving ahead. Body of the quilt finished and now I have begun hand quilting the border. Picture to come later.

Belfreybat, absolutely love, love, love the border on your quilt for the choir leader. Perrrrfect!

I am so impressed with the number of finishes. We certain do respond to a little positive peer pressure. Now, I am wondering who has cleared their pile of UFOs from our group? Tee-Hee-Hee I am quite convinced that this group is a lifelong commitment. We may diminish the pile but it will never disappear altogether. :o My goal for February is two finishes! I think it can be done.

You two aren't the only ones holding down stools in the caboose. :o

I have been looking at three tops for the past two weeks. We still have 5 days, lets see what can be done. If only my Inspector (from my avatar) wasn't soooo needy at the moment. Even after a couple of hours at the dog park, he will still come under the sewing table and park directly on the presser foot. :shock:

sewbizgirl 01-27-2020 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by NZquilter (Post 8354897)
Congratulations to everyone who made the goal!!! I'm riding in the caboose of this UFO train. I'll get a finish one day, but I'm not stressing over it yet. My life has just gotten so busy with the little ones lately. I try for 15 minutes a day sewing.

Aww... that's the way it should be! Your quilting will always be there, but those little ones won't keep. :o

Judith1005 01-27-2020 01:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Wasn't sure if I could add to your number of finished UFO's. But, it turns out, I had 5 ready for quilting at the end of 2019. This is my oldest UFO. It was started in February of 2013. I finished the last stitch on the binding today Jan. 27, 2020.

Judith1005 01-27-2020 02:20 PM

3 Attachment(s)
This is another old UFO. I started it July 2017. The end of the Fall Block Swap. And, this is the wonderful quilt my swappers contributed to. I sewed the last stitch in the binding January 24, 2020. I splurged on the plaid backing fabric. Of course, purchased with a coupon.

Judith1005 01-27-2020 02:26 PM

Great finishes ladies. I have enjoy seeing all your finishes. They are all lovely. It's like a free quilt show here on the board.

I racked up a few UFO's with kits when my sewing machine died a few years ago. The 1/4 just wasn't the same. I will have to take some of those apart and start again with the machine I have now.

But, I have one more quilt that I need to finish (of the 5, afore mentioned, 2 more still need to be quilted) the binding on. It is from a swap here on the QB.

I seem to always stall at the borders. So far, I've been able to match some fabric to old UFO's to finish borders. So, I have been working on finishing my UFO's here and there.

cherrybsixty 01-27-2020 04:34 PM

Good evening, Judith1005, two gorgeous UFO finishes, congratulation

Happy sewing day everyone

cherryb