Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2020 UFO Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2020-ufo-challenge-t308972.html)

WMUTeach 02-15-2020 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltMom2 (Post 8360980)
Please add a Big finish: embroidered 50 states is done, done Done!!! Pulling out next UFO
WMUTech: Wow!! That's what I call a Big Finish. Is there a category for the oldest/most challenging UFO of 2020? As per Marlon Brando, you could be "a contender!"

Thanks, QuiltMom2, you made me laugh in the middle of my reading. I have been quilting all day and taking a break at the moment. Making serious on a second UFO. This one is machine only! :)

retiredteacher09 02-15-2020 05:28 PM

Bugaroo! Thanks for the info on your bedroom set. It is awesome! I really like your idea of the quilt covering your washer and dryer.

I just put some fabric pieces over bookshelves in my office and it makes the room look neater but I may need to make some quilts for over them instead.

Teen 02-15-2020 06:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
UFO done. I completed this top in the summer. It was a handwork project I did while my stuff was packed up. It went to California and back with me 3 times...lol.. Letting Krisb know of the completion. Finally, feel like I'm contributing to our challenge. Yea!

rryder 02-16-2020 03:20 AM

Nice, Teen! I like the soft colors you used for this one and hearing about its multiple trips between California and your new home. We’ll make a UFOer out of you yet:)

Rob

oksewglad 02-16-2020 09:27 AM

A cute throw...perfect for the couch, Teen.

QuiltMom2 02-16-2020 09:49 AM

embroidered 50 state quilt

2 Attachment(s)
Per request (and I think the embroidery really needs to be seen!)

Teen 02-16-2020 09:52 AM

Omgosh!!! That is wonderful! So beautiful and the quilting is amazing. This is the same embroidery pattern my MIL did and I love it. I have such great memories of seeing her work on this. It's phenomenal, Quiltmom...

joe'smom 02-16-2020 10:00 AM

Teen, that's a beautiful finish. I love your use of neutrals there as the flower backgrounds.

QuiltMom2, congratulations on a wonderful accomplishment!

Conchalea 02-16-2020 11:16 AM

Great finishes! I'm happy to add one to the list-my red & pink throw-size quilt. The red & pink came from donated fabric. I used stash off-white for the sashing & backing, more stash for the 2 borders on top & bottom, and finally WOW stash for the binding. I consider it a UFO because It has languished since New Year's, when I laid it on my dining room to trim and measure it for the binding. I got the binding made, but had to move a lot of stuff off the quilt in order to sew on it. That took much longer than it should have... At any rate, it's in the dryer now. If I can manage to upload a picture, I'll post that later.

Krisb 02-16-2020 01:47 PM

Congratulations to Teen and Conchalea on more finishes! Their 2 bring us to 13 for February. I hope to add 3 more, now that the Frolic top is essentially completed.