Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2020 UFO Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2020-ufo-challenge-t308972.html)

sewbizgirl 06-25-2020 06:19 PM

That's totally gorgeous, NZ! Love how you grouped according to color. Nice quilting, too.

rryder 06-26-2020 04:24 AM

That looks great NZ! I love the way you distributed the colors and your ruler quilted motifs are fabulous.

Rob

NZquilter 06-26-2020 04:29 AM

Thanks for the nice comments! All three girls instantly claimed it as a playroom quilt, so I'm glad I used polyester batting for many washes.

oksewglad 06-26-2020 05:24 AM

A sweet quilt, NZq! Well done

Teen 06-26-2020 12:13 PM

Fantastic, NZ! It's gorgeous as is your quilting. I love that your babies claimed it...lol..

judy363905 06-26-2020 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by NZquilter (Post 8396591)
I finished my second UFO of the year. I started it in 2016, aiming for no repeating fabrics. But that's not why it became a UFO. I was using a thrift store white sheet for my background and ran out half way through. I didn't want a difference in shades of white so into the UFO draw it went. I pulled it out last month and decided just to go ahead and finish it with a quilting cotton white. I made a few extra blocks from the Birthday Candy Swap so it would be a nice size throw. I'm really pleased with my first attempt at ruler quilting in the alternating blocks too. It was a fun learning curve.

wow I am Thinking that is the first multi color Irish Chain quilt I ave seen...love it, fabulous job 😊

ckcowl 06-26-2020 01:52 PM

After spending lots of time finishing up 8 quilts to the point of ready to quilt I finally dove into that step today. I managed to get 2 quilted- one is a disaster quilt that’s been sitting around for about 5 years I do not like it, but it is finally quilted. I’m just going to fold the backing over the front, machine stitch it down and drop it off at a resale shop- ready for it to be done & gone.
the second one I love and am happy to have it finished. I’m going to try to get 2 more done this weekend and maybe a third one loaded, ready- the 2 I did today were both about 60”, I think the next 3 are a little bigger- 72” or so- then I will be to the queens-
I decided to start with the smallest and work my way up ( instant gratification is motivational sometimes)
after I finish these 8 I have 6 UFOs left that just need either a few more blocks or borders- I just might manage to get them all done this year. I managed to clean and organize my sewing room ( with help- a day with my sister) I actually took 9 large garbage bags of scraps and fabrics that just had to go away out- gave to a couple church groups who make quilts for the homeless and shelters and a couple bags went to friends who make things not quilt related. My room is nice a neat, I can see what I have- not overwhelming any more so getting things done.
I am ( finally, after 10 months) going back to work on Monday- part time. I always seem more creative and motivated when I’m working.
I hope everyone is getting through our crazy times with many more smiles than frowns

retiredteacher09 06-26-2020 04:56 PM

ckcowl: Awesome job with those UFOs. Have fun returning to your part time job.

WMUTeach 06-27-2020 03:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Someone mentioned not having seen multicolored IC. Here is another multi colored Irish Chain from about 4 years ago.This was my firs IC and I actually sold it to a gal who wanted a snuggle quilt for her couch. Love the one by NZ. More intricate and more colors than mine and the medallions in the white space are a a perfect choice.

ckcowl 06-27-2020 03:53 AM

I love your colorful Irish Chain quilt Nzquilter. It flows beautifully. The quilting is beautiful too.