Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2020 UFO Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2020-ufo-challenge-t308972.html)

Motorcyclemad 01-09-2020 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltMom2 (Post 8349240)
I was going to ask if other people's UFO's donated to you count, in which case I have four full size tops and one of my own. Count me in!

You better believe they count if they are donated. How else will we feel like we are getting anything done? :p

Teen 01-09-2020 10:10 AM

I like doing L&E, too, NZ. Makes me feel productive and breaks up the monotony...

Another project sheet can be found on Pat Sloan's website. I'll try and post a link.

https://blog.patsloan.com/pats-2017-...-tracking.html

I have 3 quilts ready for LA. Two are UFO's. Making phone calls today from the many referrals given to me since I moved to chose one. So, maybe I'll have 2 UFO's done this month...

Teen 01-09-2020 10:12 AM

Looks like link didn't come thru...Google Pat Sloan and on the header is a link to them.

Bugaroo 01-11-2020 01:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Goal for January is to finish Farm Girl 2 quilt. This is my first quilt as you go -- done by lines of blocks. I've gotten all the blocks quilted. Need to attach borders, sandwich the back, quilt block outlines and bind! This has been a complicated quilt.

Belfrybat 01-11-2020 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Quossum (Post 8349199)
I have tried to attach the planner I used in this post. I hope it works and that it's okay to share it! I tried to find it again online and couldn't!

It worked. I've used this planner for years but the website goes down for months at a time, so like you, I kept a copy. It's the best planner I've found.

oksewglad 01-11-2020 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Bugaroo (Post 8350019)
Goal for January is to finish Farm Girl 2 quilt. This is my first quilt as you go -- done by lines of blocks. I've gotten all the blocks quilted. Need to attach borders, sandwich the back, quilt block outlines and bind! This has been a complicated quilt.

I have this in UFO land as well. In fact have 2..one 12" block the other 6" block. Yes some of the blocks have pretty small HST's. Look forward to seeing your finish!

Teen 01-11-2020 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Bugaroo (Post 8350019)

This looks fantastic, Bugaroo. I have the book but not with the intention of making the entire quilt. I just want to make some of the blocks for pillows and such. So cute.... You are close to the finish on this! Go girl!

retiredteacher09 01-11-2020 07:07 PM

Very cute, Bugaroo!

I made some progress on my UFO top today. Hopefully, the top will be finished tomorrow and I can start on another one as this one has languished on my design wall for waaaaay too long. LOL!

I have 3 known UFO's that were started by me plus the 2 found in donations. I have 4 WIPs that will either be quilts for me or tops that I donate and my goal is that they will not become UFO's. Anything not finished in a year falls into the UFO category for me.

Quossum 01-11-2020 07:31 PM

3 Attachment(s)
So, here it is, my first finish of 2020. I mentioned this earlier in the thread but finally got pictures today (at a dog Agility show!) so I thought I'd share a little more about the quilt.

The Quilt: A project many years in the works, this is a bunch of t-shirts, regular shirts, pajamas, etc. commemorating dogs that I've owned and activities we've done that I wanted to keep forever and ever. I think the oldest are my Spuds shirt (all the rage in high school! Class of 1987, damn I'm old, sigh), or the relics from my days in the H.O.T. Dog Club (circa early '90's?) and/or the t-shirt from the River City Dog Show cluster, 1991. Some time in 2017-2018 I finally interfaced the t-shirts, did a lot of planning and making coping strips, and put the top and back together.

Why it became a UFO: Since this quilt was strictly for me, no deadline involved, it was very easy to keep setting it aside and setting it aside. When I finally got it basted and started quilting it, I had the most horrific issues with the quilting thread breaking. It was super easy to shove it away in disgust and work on other things. The quilt label lists the year 2018, so dang, yeah, I must have shoved it aside for quite a while.

Why I finished: With the beginning of 2020, along came some quilting determination, so I pulled out the rolled-up, partially quilted t-shirt quilt and resolved to finish it no matter what. With a brand new needle in the machine and a more compatible combination of top and bobbin thread, my breakage problems seemed to be banished, and I was on a roll. In fact, my mom came over to visit one day and, somehow reading the determination on my face, declared that I should keep on going; she would just take a seat in the quilting room and we could chat while I worked. With that push, I completed the quilting. Luckily, I'm a "make the binding before I get the quilt basted" type of person, so once the thing was quilted I trimmed the edges, grabbed the binding, and stuck it on. (Yes, I'm also a "machine binding" type of person these days.)

And there I had it! My first official finish of 2020, and one tick off the UFO list!

This quilt's fate: To be my very own dreadfully heavy, irredeemably personal fabric memory book. No one else would want this thing.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Xy...l=w606-h807-no

WMUTeach 01-11-2020 07:42 PM

Quossum, now that is quite a quilt! No one needs to love it but you. Being a cat lady, it has little appeal, but the afghan hounds along the bottom made me smile. That is what my hair looks like! Tee-hee-hee! Love on your quilt and relish the memories in it..