Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2020 UFO Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2020-ufo-challenge-t308972.html)

rryder 01-12-2020 04:23 AM

Congratulations on finishing it Quossum! Having done one t-shirt memory quilt for a cousin, I know how difficult (and heavy) they can be! You did a good job with this one.

Rob

QuiltnNan 01-12-2020 04:42 AM

Quossum, good job on that quilt

janjanq 01-12-2020 06:46 AM

BOM's, FQ packs, kits, and completed tops that need finishing.

I have several BOM's in various stages of completion. I'm in Florida for the winter and brought 4 BOM sets with me. One set all the blocks are completed but need to be sewn together and finished. One set I have 10 out if 12 blocks done. Also working on a quilt made from a fat quarter pack. Working on a couple of bags and a Leaders and Enders quilt also. And I have several pieced Pineapp!e blocks that i want to make into potholders, table runners, pillows, or chair pads. I have a couple of quilt tops that only need to be layered, quilted, and bound but they are in Michigan so I can't get to them until May. My goal is to get all of them completed (and more) by the end of 2020.

Dedemac 01-12-2020 12:58 PM

Quossum - Congratulations on the finish! Loved the poodle squares. And you are not old! I think I have a UFO around here that was started soon after you graduated. Like a fine wine we are maturing,

I have actually started on one of my projects, 365 blocks from 2016! I'm up to Feb 9th looking at the month of February I think a few days I can whip out more than one. I'm using this kind of a break between the blocks I'm working on.

Bugaroo 01-12-2020 01:59 PM

Quossum, love the T-shirt quilt! I did my daughters college t-shirts and it was no where as organized as yours! Looks great!

petthefabric 01-12-2020 02:57 PM

DH helped load the LA. Now to ice my shoulder and get started quilting.

zozee 01-12-2020 03:41 PM

Just got a PM from rryder. He has finished two UFOs so our count stands at 7. Good job, Rob! Looking forward to seeing your pictures.

7 out of 22. Who will be the next to add the group goal?

Originally Posted by zozee (Post 8348735)
Whoop Whoop! Grannof6 reported via PM that she finished a UFO on Sunday, 1/5.

1/5 Grannof6 —1

We are now at a total of 5 with 17 to go for the January goal of 22, Who can finish 1 of theirs by Saturday?

retiredteacher09 01-12-2020 06:04 PM

UFO finished

1 Attachment(s)
I finally finished the top I found in a donation that started with 2 blocks completed and almost enough material for 8 more. I used some of my stash to add extra color to a couple of blocks along with the green alternate block color and the borders. Funny how i auditioned the border fabric for the inside green blocks and it didn’t work but I sure like it as borders. It measures 70” by 79.5” and will be donated to my church group to finish.

I really think it takes longer to figure out a layout for orphan blocks than it does to make the same blocks over and over but I like the challenge.

Color is much more vibrant than in the picture.

Next up: 9 blocks found in a donation that measure around 15” unfinished.

oksewglad 01-12-2020 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 (Post 8350382)
I finally finished the top I found in a donation that started with 2 blocks completed and almost enough material for 8 more. I used some of my stash to add extra color to a couple of blocks along with the green alternate block color and the borders. Funny how i auditioned the border fabric for the inside green blocks and it didn’t work but I sure like it as borders. It measures 70” by 79.5” and will be donated to my church group to finish.

I really think it takes longer to figure out a layout for orphan blocks than it does to make the same blocks over and over but I like the challenge.

Nice color combo...

zozee 01-12-2020 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 (Post 8350382)

Nice work! Congratulations on the finish!