Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2020 UFO Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2020-ufo-challenge-t308972.html)

oksewglad 07-08-2020 04:45 PM

Well that's one fancy dog crate cover! You will be the talk of the show circuit. Congrats on a finish, Quossom!

rryder 07-09-2020 08:07 AM

Great finish Quossum!

rryder 07-09-2020 08:08 AM

Hey Krisb, how did we do in June.

Teen 07-09-2020 05:24 PM

Very creative, Quossom! That will be a show stopper. Be prepared for orders from other breeders. Lol..

WMUTeach 07-10-2020 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by rryder (Post 8400445)
Hey Krisb, how did we do in June.

Yes, I would like to know.... inquiring minds and all of that.

Conchalea 07-12-2020 02:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My second UFO, a baby quilt for my great-nephew due in September, is finished! I completed the quilting in the border & sewing on the binding on Thursday, while sewing with my friend. I used a quilting foot for the blue & white log cabins to make triangles. I thought triangles would be a nice contrast to the square blocks. Then I spent time practicing swirls on a pillow top, and did FMQ on the borders. Practicing first, as suggested by Pat Sloan, really helped. None of the swirls has eyelashes, which mine have had in the past.

retiredteacher09 07-12-2020 04:38 PM

Conchalea: What a neat way to use the log cabin blocks! It will be a special gift for the little guy. Wahoo to no eyelashes!

Krisb 07-12-2020 06:00 PM

June finishes

Before anything else, I need to apologize for my tardiness. Lots of nonquilting stuff going on right now. Fortunately, some of you found time and energy in June to complete UFO’s.

Rff1010 completed a really nice Irish Chain baby quilt finished for a fundraiser early in June, plus her Coat of Many Colors for donation late in the month. Quilters are such generous people!

Sewbizgirl got to the end of a Considerable undertaking by putting the last stitches into her Farmer’s wife quilt. That 0ne should really count as 3 or 4–congrats!

NZQuilter completed a multicolor Double Irish Chain that I love. From a distance, the color arrangement makes the chains look interwoven.

Conchelea has a really cute baby quilt all ready for her first greatgrand in September. Her other finish is a real contribution to quilting. She not only bound A daughter’s quilt for a friend; she also taught the friend how to quilt and bind and her friend finished two more. I am counting them all😊

Ckcowl disposed of 3 UFOs by passing them along to someone else. 5 more have been quilted and are awaiting binding.

By my count, that is 11. If I missed something, let me know.

sewbizgirl 07-12-2020 06:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Conchalea, I really like the quilting you chose for that blue and white quilt. The triangles are cool! Swirls are fun too, and they do get easier with practice.

I made a quilt that I am considering a UFO. I bought all the fabric for it, and pattern, a few years ago... intending to make it a gift for my son. It never got made. For years it's been sitting as a stack of fabrics, carefully chosen, and a pattern. So I tackled it this weekend and got the top made. This is Da Vinci by Jinny Beyer.

sewbizgirl 07-12-2020 06:18 PM

Welcome back, Krisb!