Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2021 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2021-fabric-moratorium-t313678.html)

Conchalea 05-31-2021 01:10 PM

I've been absent from the board for an extended time, due to very long rides with my motorcycle group, and I attended my grandson's high school graduation, 9 days after his 2 year college graduation. That one was all virtual. But I found time in between all this to buy some fabric. K & I found a quilt shop in Stephenville, TX, about 40 miles from home! Sadly, she was in closing down mode, but lots of fabric was on sale. We each got FQ's, yardage, & I got some 108" backs & a TX panel to make a square pillow to go with the western quilt I've started. I bought the first fabric for it when Covid shut-down first began & have added to it since moving here.

oksewglad 06-02-2021 11:36 AM

2 Attachment(s)
From 5/30/21 post here's T shirt quilt #1 in the layout stage and then the completed quilt with the happy recipient.

Conchalea 06-02-2021 03:03 PM

Great Tshirt quilt, OK. I made 2 for the family of a dear friend, and I know how difficult it can be to stabilize the decals & sew together several that are all different sizes.

retiredteacher09 06-02-2021 05:27 PM

Wonderful t-shirt quilt, oksewglad.

Conchalea: I’m glad you are still finding fabric for your Western quilt.

Conchalea 06-03-2021 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 (Post 8488375)
Wonderful t-shirt quilt, oksewglad.

Conchalea: I’m glad you are still finding fabric for your Western quilt.

thanks. I think I found plenty. I may have enough for pillowcases

rryder 06-05-2021 02:29 AM

Oksewglad- great t-shirt quilt! Congratulations on getting it finished!

Rob

happylab 06-05-2021 05:45 AM

I went on a mini show hop mid May. At one store I found a scrap bin where you stuff as much fabric as you could get in a bag for $7.00 dollars. I bought 2. 2/3 of the pieces were just an inch or 2 short of a FQ size, or long pieces 4-8” by LOF. Definitely useable pieces for QAL’s and scrappy. I bought a dragon twin top kit for grand nephew and several background pieces, etc, etc. a very fun trip.

my project this month, finish a quilt for my niece. It’s a pattern from Missouri star quilt company (simple pattern). On the back when we went there for the last birthday bash they had 2 years ago, she found some minky cow spot pattern to use on the back. She lives out in the country and raises cows occasionally. This project will reduce a fraction of my stash. Oh well, it’s the enjoyable life of a quilter. LOL.

Happy sewing and quilting everyone.

acheela 06-05-2021 07:17 AM

Another top done

1 Attachment(s)
Got this one done last night. It started out as a twin, but it has over a foot of overhang on my queen. I’m in the preplanning stage of trying to figure out what quilting to do on it. Being a newby to all this, I’m a little intimidated to try anything other than SND or meander. I did find a couple of books at an estate sale this morning with tons of ideas for FMQ. I think I’m going to look through those and take the plunge. This one really lends itself to custom quilting I think. Any suggestions for designs would be welcomed.

acheela 06-05-2021 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Conchalea (Post 8487841)
I've been absent from the board for an extended time, due to very long rides with my motorcycle group, and I attended my grandson's high school graduation, 9 days after his 2 year college graduation. That one was all virtual. But I found time in between all this to buy some fabric. K & I found a quilt shop in Stephenville, TX, about 40 miles from home! Sadly, she was in closing down mode, but lots of fabric was on sale. We each got FQ's, yardage, & I got some 108" backs & a TX panel to make a square pillow to go with the western quilt I've started. I bought the first fabric for it when Covid shut-down first began & have added to it since moving here.

wow!! I used to live in S’ville years ago. I ride as well... moved to Wisconsin a couple years ago.

oksewglad 06-05-2021 08:43 AM

Lovely quilt acheela!