Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   ART Quilt Challenges Monthly (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/art-quilt-challenges-monthly-t189772.html)

QuilterMomma 06-29-2012 12:08 PM

Nice job Dot. Thanks for the reminder of the bleach pen.

dotcomdtcm 06-29-2012 12:35 PM

July Challenge

2 Attachment(s)
Here are my cool & refreshing minis for July! My BFF loves the beach. My DD loves to feed her friends!

nancia 06-29-2012 04:15 PM

hhhmmmmmm, i think your daughter and i would get along! lol. and i love the sea. twice i have lived within 15minutes of the ocean. when i moved to dallas the realtor told me what a wonderful place it was . close to the mountains and the sea. the picture of the map of texas in my head, i couldn't think of any beaches. pretty landlocked i thought. then she enlightened me. it was only eleven hours to the mountains in colorado for skiing and less than 6 to padre island for swimming. oh, boy! culture shock! anyway, dot, those are both very refreshing and cool!

Linny 06-29-2012 05:14 PM

Great quilts Dotty. One makes me want to go swimming, and the other is my favorite fresh treat.

SewExtremeSeams 06-29-2012 11:05 PM

Wow, the melon/lime mini is very refreshing. We eat watermelon from our garden very frequently. Your quilt makes me anxious for harvest! Love your seaside mini. :)

Phannie1 06-30-2012 04:06 AM

I want to play/quilt. But my july is full. Is there an August theme out yet?

I am up for this. Phannie

dotcomdtcm 06-30-2012 05:11 AM

Take a look at Craftsy.com BOMs. Free patterns and excellent instructions. You see a traditional block and a more modern variation. This month is the Dresden. I learned a new trick for making the center piece come out nice & neat.
It is worth printing out the whole series. You know, in all of your spare time!!

suziehammond 06-30-2012 06:15 AM

[QUOTE=abdconsultant;5322867][COLOR=#008000][SIZE=4][FONT=century gothic]In college I took a course on stained canvas..................

Hmm, I got a dog who keeps needing to come in with filthy muddy paws. I'm out today to buy heavier cotton or similar and when the dog is done going in an out all winter then I am going wash it and paint over the inevitable brown smears and see what I get.

Thanks for the idea and I am looking forward to creating some good new yards of mixed media for future use. LOL

suziehammond 06-30-2012 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm (Post 5326575)
Here are my cool & refreshing minis for July!

Love these! They are scrumptious little goodies. Thanks for reminding me of the bleach too. It looks great in that context.

Only problem now is that what will you do for all of July??? ROFL

Bet you only have another 26 projects to get done and 6 more rattling around your brain?

dotcomdtcm 06-30-2012 06:37 AM

Actually, I'm going to start a pile of Christmas stockings. My guild has a huge project for children in shelters.
Someone wonderful is giving me fabric!