Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-en-provence-t283327.html)

NZquilter 01-09-2017 04:04 PM

Lovely, Jaba!

KalamaQuilts 01-09-2017 04:16 PM

jaba, will you tell about your working wall?

I've been making neutral four patches for the next row around my little mystery. Fun! All needle and thread works!

Bluebonnets 01-09-2017 08:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]565389[/ATTACH]
I have so enjoyed this thread so much this week as well as so many others. Last Monday night my dad had a major stroke and its shelved my sewing for a while. It's been a wonderful diversion to watch all the progress being made. I was piecing by proxy, I guess, while doing the waiting thing in the hospital. They are all looking incredible! I went home a little earlier today and did get to sew a block.

NZquilter 01-10-2017 06:50 AM

I am very sorry to hear about your dad's stroke, Bluebonnets! You and your family will be in my prayers. Your colors are lovely!

joe'smom 01-10-2017 06:52 AM

Emily, I'm so sorry about your Dad. I'm glad you could find some diversion 'piecing by proxy.' It is so fascinating seeing all the variations that are coming forth. Your block looks great!

Bluebonnets 01-10-2017 07:34 AM

Thanks NZQuilter and Joe'smom, means so much.

jaba 01-10-2017 08:23 AM

Emily, hope your Dad will recover from this soon. I'm sure your TLC is very comforting to him.
Kalamaquilts not sure what you want to know but here goes. I bought a café rod and hung it to the wall. Got some heavy flannel from Joann's and sewed a "hem" across the top to fit the rod through and then just hung it on the brackets. You can also use a flannel backed tablecloth and do the same thing. I tried that but my pieces wouldn't stay stuck to the flannel very well so bought the heavier stuff. Thought maybe it was because of the humidity in Florida, not sure, but the heavy stuff holds it. I got the plastic white clamps and just put them on the rod for when the quilt gets to heavy... just to hold it up:)
Wouldn't you know it, the last row and I sewed 4 pieces backwards. Using the ripper today, then on to the edges...

GramE 01-10-2017 10:58 AM

Oh man Jaba. I noticed that the last row was a bit different but thought it was part of the scrappy. Glad you figured it out before it was too late. It didn't look bad just not the same as the other rows. Ok, sorry for looking but I do that to my own & it is a hard habit to break! Your quilt is beautiful. I'm going to start sewing 4 patches to get mine together.

jaba 01-10-2017 01:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ended up taking all but 1 out, think I got 'em all now. Have been looking at it with a fine tooth comb....if you see something let me know please. Changed the final border, just wasn't happy with the 4 patch finish. I didn't feel that it added any pizzaz to the quilt at all so this is what I did. Look for errors ladies and let me know so I can fix them. I have plenty of time, can't quilt it until I go back to Wyoming, to big for the little table here.[ATTACH=CONFIG]565423[/ATTACH]

Kassaundra 01-10-2017 02:14 PM

I'm still plugging away on the units. Working on the everlasting tri recs today. But I still have other units to make, like the hst, 4 patches, and qst.