Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-en-provence-t283327.html)

Siodach 01-14-2017 10:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all, it's lovely to see so many tops coming together now :-). Mine' a little behind.....

I have the blocks done and the sashing done, but they're not together yet. I've spent a lot of time trying to decide how to change out my "yellow" squares!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]565729[/ATTACH]

I need to to make a few more Tri-recs units for the border before I start the joining-up party lol.

I'm not wholly happy with how my tri units matched up with the QST's, perhaps my seams was too scant, but I ain't gone go back and change them cos those joins are so bulky I think I'd do more harm than good trying to alter them.

if you recall I'm doing this with smaller units than BH, and the top will end up at about 38" square - which means I won't have to piece the back <vbg>.

K

edit: my, I'd forgotten how big iPad photos came through! :o:o

quiltsRfun 01-14-2017 10:49 PM

I really like your layout, Siodach, and your colors.

Kassaundra 01-15-2017 03:08 AM

Siodach, very nice variation. I like the look of the "double on point squares" in the sashing, I've seen a couple w/ that variation on fb.

NZquilter 01-15-2017 04:57 AM

I love your sashing design, Siodach! It really helps everything flow smoothly.

Sandra-P 01-15-2017 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by Siodach (Post 7741295)
Hi all, it's lovely to see so many tops coming together now :-). Mine' a little behind.....

I have the blocks done and the sashing done, but they're not together yet. I've spent a lot of time trying to decide how to change out my "yellow" squares!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]565729[/ATTACH]

I need to to make a few more Tri-recs units for the border before I start the joining-up party lol.

I'm not wholly happy with how my tri units matched up with the QST's, perhaps my seams was too scant, but I ain't gone go back and change them cos those joins are so bulky I think I'd do more harm than good trying to alter them.

if you recall I'm doing this with smaller units than BH, and the top will end up at about 38" square - which means I won't have to piece the back <vbg>.

K

edit: my, I'd forgotten how big iPad photos came through! :o:o

I love it! My tri recs are not matching up either and I have given myself permission to leave them that way. I really like your sashing, that is the part in this quilt that I like the least of Bonnie's design. I have to change mine as well.

givio 01-15-2017 06:46 AM

Siodach, That's a cute pattern-- someone wouldn't know it had anything to do with the BH MQ pattern unless you said so. :-)

Bluebonnets 01-15-2017 06:55 AM

It's looking good GramE.

Yours is lovely, Siodach. Love the color variation.

joe'smom 01-15-2017 08:25 AM

GramE, I'm so glad you found a way to make yours work for you. It looks very pretty, and not at all confusing.

I love what you've come up with, Siodach! I agree, trying to re-do the tri-recs seams would not end well.

GramE 01-15-2017 08:41 AM

I think they have the proper name, it's just misspelled. Tri-wrecks. Or train wreck when trying to sew over them when they meet that 4 patch seam. There's a whole lotta seams going on there! :shock:

I love the green, Siodach! I love them all. Those of you who have the courage to think out of the box are my heroes!

NZquilter 01-15-2017 09:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
All blocks done!! Just one row of sashing and the borders left! I am so excited. The top row isn't sewn on yet, but I couldn't wait to lay it out on my "design bed":)