Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-en-provence-t283327.html)

Carol in WI 01-14-2017 06:31 AM

Kalama, your quilt is absolutely incredible. I may be trying to copy that with all my left-over pieces.

joe'smom 01-14-2017 08:20 AM

Beautiful top, Tweety!

KalamaQuilts 01-14-2017 08:31 AM

I'm amazed that so many nearly have their full size together.
A class in which we learn how much difference a turned block or a different color changes a whole quilt.
I don't want to take mine off the working wall :) but I need the wall for the next project. I love needle and thread.

When I had our headstones made I had the carver put a spool of thread and needle by my name.

cmputerdazed 01-14-2017 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7735677)
It came out to 71" square.

Thank you, I think that is the direction I am going.

cmputerdazed 01-14-2017 09:59 AM

[QUOTE=Pam H;7736902][ATTACH=CONFIG]565300[/ATTACH]
Here is mine so far. I am thinking about replacing the green/yellow qst with purple instead of the green. I'm still trying to figure out what to do in the center of my stars.[/QUOTE
It looks like you use a consistent neutral on you magneta stars is that right. I love it because the other neutrals are so great and scrappy.

GramE 01-14-2017 12:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]565661[/ATTACH]

Well, now that I can see something other than confusing little squares, I think I am making some progress!

KalamaQuilts 01-14-2017 01:25 PM

when a project starts really coming together on the working wall it IS exciting. Well done, and that is a cool block just below. Applique?

Kassaundra 01-14-2017 01:28 PM

Looking good GramE, this one is hard up close you can't tell until you get some distance for sure. You still making the Cleopatra's fan blocks? or is that a left over from the last boom?

Tweety2911 01-14-2017 01:34 PM

Thank you so much. I have been sewing for hours each day and luckily can because I am retired. Even so there are so many who finished their tops and quilted them already. I wonder if it would have been faster to layout the quilt then sew each row. I sewed the blocks and then the sashing separately then joined the rows. I praise everyone who took on the challenge and no mater what stage you are at, I look forward to seeing your progress. It is so great being a part of such a wonderful group of quilters!

Belfrybat 01-14-2017 02:00 PM

Wonderful photos. I finally finished putting the blocks and sashing together -- just 6 blocks but the quilt is still going to be big. I'm now putting on a narrow inner border and will just use the neutral for the outer border. I think I might actually be finished tomorrow. That's a world record for me for finishing up a one third size BH quilt.