Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-en-provence-t283327.html)

givio 01-13-2017 05:33 PM

Nice to see the shared up-dates. It's encouraging to do this in a group, thanks all! :-)
I've got a holiday on Monday from work and hope to do some finishing up on this top. I haven't decided yet on my border, so that might hold me up a bit.

audsgirl 01-13-2017 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by GramE (Post 7739799)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]565521[/ATTACH]

I think I've figured out a layout I can live with!

I like that! You should have a beautiful quilt when you are done.

Leslie

audsgirl 01-13-2017 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts (Post 7740320)
If you think we have trouble deciding on a setting, how much trouble does Bonnie have chosing a final work up for us :)
She always says do what you want to make it your own

This is my final, it is just right for a bed topper, I think it is 68" in length. I'm glad to get some string sashing used. I made so much of this when my mom was here.. Sure makes for a fast top.

I've also kept up with the 365 blocks, but I expect that to change when the weather is better.

This is spectacular, kalamaquilts! The string border is a great addition.

Leslie

audsgirl 01-13-2017 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Tweety2911 (Post 7740396)
Great job Kalama and Kassaundra! I love seeing everyone's progress, you are all such an inspiration. I have one more border to piece and then the top is done. Won't be able to quilt it until I can clean up my quilting room, its a mess :o
[ATTACH=CONFIG]565594[/ATTACH]

Helen, it is beautiful! Great work. I'm so impressed with how fast some folks are.

Leslie

Belfrybat 01-13-2017 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7740051)
Belfry how are you doing them? The way I do them isn't bad at all, but I don't use the fancy rulers.

I use the Tri-Recs ruler. Cut the strips to 3-1/2", cut out the triangles and side pieces and sew them together. After making probably 300 or more in three quilts, I still can't get them to come out right. This time I cut them a bit larger and sewed a full 1/4" seam hoping to not lose all the points. But it still didn't really work well. I don't have problems with any other components, just the tri-recs.

How do you make them? I know some people paper piece them, but I don't care for PP.

Kaye 01-14-2017 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by Podunk Princess (Post 7738722)
Yes, it's a vintage card catalog cabinet from a library. I store all my thread, ribbon and small notions in the drawers. An amazing find at an antique mall many years ago.

I also have an old card catalog cabinet in my sewing room. I purchased it for a tiny amount at the public school surplus sale. Call your school system warehouse and see if they have one stashed away. I love mine! I have drawers labeled for each color of thread for my embroidery machine, zippers, ribbons, etc.

Kassaundra 01-14-2017 04:04 AM

Belfry, I love to PP but didn't think it was ness. for this and didn't want to print that many pages on my printer so I didn't PP. I did draw it out w/ seam allowance 3 times on a paper so I could cut and use each of the 3 components. I'm heading to work now, but will try and show some pics of my process when I get home, hopefully tomorrow.

Bluebonnets 01-14-2017 04:11 AM

Yours is beautiful, Tweety!

GramE 01-14-2017 04:56 AM

Just love this, Kass. But it makes me crazy trying to see Bonnie's layout in there!

Kassaundra 01-14-2017 05:34 AM

GramE I did make several changes, but the bones are there. lol