Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-en-provence-t283327.html)

Kassaundra 01-21-2017 10:27 AM

Quiltsrfun, like your color combo slate blue and creamcicle orange.

ddtrina 01-21-2017 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by All2Pieces (Post 7746147)
ddtrina - paintmejudy is running the mystery trains. Sorry for any confusion.

Thanks for the advice All2Pieces.

joe'smom 01-21-2017 12:51 PM

Very pretty, quiltsRfun!

I just saw a Quiltville version that changed the values, and I wouldn't have recognized it as En Provence if the quilter hadn't said it was. It's fascinating what value changes can do to a quilt.

I am finally finishing up my putzing with border ideas and getting back to my blocks today!

Kassaundra, thanks for the photos and explanations on QAYG. I hope to attempt this someday.

GramE 01-22-2017 01:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]566449[/ATTACH]
While I still have my sanity, in four seams and a few connections, my flimsy will be done! Or rather I will be done with the flimsy! But I'm happy with the pattern that appeared out of the turmoil of ever turning the wrong way squares! And just the right size for a raffle quilt! But I start 3 weeks of tough deep tissue massages on my shoulder & any sewing I do will be done by hand. If any one sees a boo boo, please point it out. I've fixed too many to stop now. There is an issue in that bottom left corner, but it's not sewn together yet. (yep, one of those 4 patches twisted around when I wasn't looking, rascally things!)

Thanks for for letting me play with you all. I love every quilt & quilter! I have an odd assortment of squares left, but I see a doll quilt for my great granddaughter in my future! (She just moved in right across the street from me!) Best Christmas present ever! At 1 1/2 yrs old, we have a lot of sewing together time ahead of us, Lord willing.

Kassaundra 01-22-2017 02:03 PM

Very nice GramE. If you are intending all your 4 patches be lined in the same way your center bottom red star 4 patch is turned, and 3 of your 4 green center 4 patches match but one is tuned left lower, your top left border has turned 4 patches, and your corner 4 patches on the outermost corners of the quilt they don't all orient the same way. I wouldn't have mentioned it if you didn't ask, sorry

GramE 01-22-2017 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7747091)
Very nice GramE. If you are intending all your 4 patches be lined in the same way your center bottom red star 4 patch is turned, and 3 of your 4 green center 4 patches match but one is tuned left lower, your top left border has turned 4 patches, and your corner 4 patches on the outermost corners of the quilt they don't all orient the same way. I wouldn't have mentioned it if you didn't ask, sorry

No apologies necessary. I agree with all of those but I gave up ordering the tans & greens many o moon ago! Forgot to mention that. :eek: I've never done anything that strained my brain as much as this. Hope never again. My brain & I aren't scrappy wired. This was the final exam. Can be no doubt about it now! :thumbup:

Belfrybat 01-22-2017 04:09 PM

GramE, your quilt arrangement is fabulous. Isn't it amazing how many different designs are coming out of the same basic set of squares?

retiredteacher09 01-22-2017 05:13 PM

GramE: Very nice!

I am taking a break from mine. I need to do the yellow squares and then I am ready to start assembly. I made all of the blocks for the big quilt with the intention of making either a twin sized quilt with the extras for a different quilt or 2 baby quilts.

Connie

GramE 01-22-2017 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 (Post 7747227)
GramE: Very nice!

I am taking a break from mine. I need to do the yellow squares and then I am ready to start assembly. I made all of the blocks for the big quilt with the intention of making either a twin sized quilt with the extras for a different quilt or 2 baby quilts.

Connie

thank you, ladies. I only made half bunches of blocks & less the closer to the reveal because I was playing with colors to see what my final choices would be. I only made a couple of additions in the yellows. But I was afraid if I set it aside, it would become the UFO that I'd never get back to. As a flimsy, at least I have proof I was here! ;)

m-fay 01-22-2017 07:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm a late starter, but I've saved all the clues.I'm only doing 1/4 the size. Here's step 1[ATTACH=CONFIG]566488[/ATTACH]