Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-en-provence-t283327.html)

quiltsRfun 01-22-2017 09:24 PM

Nice work, M-Fay. Did you get all the clues downloaded? Bonnie will retire them on February 1.

m-fay 01-23-2017 03:26 AM

Yes i've got all the clues. All the ones I've seen look really great.

joe'smom 01-23-2017 07:43 AM

Love your 4-patches, m-fay!

GramE, your quilt is lovely. I think the use of two neutrals gives a very soothing, consistent effect.

Kassaundra 01-23-2017 11:06 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I have 2 of the 3 rows together now. One to go plus borders.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]566518[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]566519[/ATTACH]

ddtrina 01-23-2017 07:40 PM

I'm done 4 of the big blocks, have webbed another 12 together vertically, and did all 40 sashes. I have a lot of ironing ahead of me as I'm trying to follow Bonnie's advice on what to press in which direction. Slow going as every time I press something, some seam somewhere else ends of flipping. I'm trying to slow down but really anxious to get this floppy together. Did anyone else have issues pressing the big blocks? Maybe I should cut the webbing and press since only 5 small blocks might be less likely to result in seams flipping.

GramE 01-23-2017 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by ddtrina (Post 7748119)
I'm done 4 of the big blocks, have webbed another 12 together vertically, and did all 40 sashes. I have a lot of ironing ahead of me as I'm trying to follow Bonnie's advice on what to press in which direction. Slow going as every time I press something, some seam somewhere else ends of flipping. I'm trying to slow down but really anxious to get this floppy together. Did anyone else have issues pressing the big blocks? Maybe I should cut the webbing and press since only 5 small blocks might be less likely to result in seams flipping.

I let them go where they rested best! People in instructions always try to tell how to press, but I don't think I speak pressing language. But she did say one day she's been known to flip a seam as she goes. Seams galore. My longarm lady is not gonna be happy! But done with the flimsy!

joe'smom 01-23-2017 10:32 PM

I haven't yet been able to grasp the webbing concept. I've been pressing as Bonnie directed except for one seam in the sashing unit, and it's working well.

Sandra-P 01-24-2017 05:10 AM

GramE I am with you on this. Since I am the one who will be quilting this I have decided to let the seams go where they may. I have the top finished and now putting borders on and am just glad I have that much done. This quilt is ok, not my favorite. I did last years and I really liked it better. Now I have to do the second one, so will start that one as soon as I get the gumption to finish the borders. It has been fun to do this along with everyone.

Kassaundra 01-24-2017 06:12 AM

I pressed mine the way I always do. Everytime I sew a 4 patch I always spin the seams, which I did w/ the real 4 patches, and also w/ the "assembly 4 patches" ( the two 4 patches, hst, and hourglass sets) All my square in square and tri recs got pressed open, everything else got pressed wherever it was easiest.

Belfrybat 01-24-2017 06:38 AM

I do my own quilting and don't worry about how the seams end up. And if they don't play nice I just allow them to twist halfway or so between the seams. No one sees the back of the quilt, so I don't see the problem, and the twist is not as bulky as where multiple seams come together, so I don't see the issue even if you sent them out to be quilted.