Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-en-provence-t283327.html)

lawsonmugs 12-31-2016 09:42 AM

NZ I love your colors. The layouts are very nice. Really we should lay out a bock and then add about 3 more layout blocks so we can see a secondary block. To much for me to do though. I'm too lazy. lol Happy New Year to all of you

sewbizgirl 12-31-2016 10:02 AM

Your layouts are fun, NZQuilter. Bonnie seems to favor alternating two different blocks in a lot of her quilts, so that's what I'm sort of expecting.

NZquilter 12-31-2016 10:15 AM

I'm expecting a secondary pattern too, but I am no at designing, lol!

Belfrybat 12-31-2016 12:55 PM

Kassaudra -- thanks for the Magic 8 dimensions. I was getting ready to work it out, so glad I now don't have to.

retiredteacher09 12-31-2016 01:28 PM

Sewbizgirl: I am doing the Merry Mayhem mystery. I have the first clue sewn and am only doing 3 colors. Because I have a die cutting machine, I only cut the 2.5" squares and the rectangles ahead of time as I will use my dies for other shapes. I am making the medium size quilt top. This will be my first time actually making one of her projects. I only followed along last year.

A special thanks to everyone for sharing pictures and ideas of layouts.

Have a safe and fun New Year's Eve!

Connie

sewbizgirl 12-31-2016 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 (Post 7730043)
Sewbizgirl: I am doing the Merry Mayhem mystery. I have the first clue sewn and am only doing 3 colors. Because I have a die cutting machine, I only cut the 2.5" squares and the rectangles ahead of time as I will use my dies for other shapes. I am making the medium size quilt top. This will be my first time actually making one of her projects. I only followed along last year.

A special thanks to everyone for sharing pictures and ideas of layouts.

Have a safe and fun New Year's Eve!

Connie

My first MM mystery, too! I have my flying geese sewn... all scrappy. I'm loving the use of scrap pieces.

KalamaQuilts 12-31-2016 01:37 PM

The most clues in any of the mysteries I've taken part in (going back to cotton boll) was 8.
I think she is getting good feedback on the smaller doable clues so a little longer mystery might become more common.

I just need to press my hourglass blocks, I used Bonnie's new ruler worked fine.

Then I'll make my first 365 challenge block. 3 strips 1.5" X 3.5" I think I can handle it :)
There is nothing I don't love about quilting, I get up every day excited to get back to needle and fabric!

Bluebonnets 12-31-2016 01:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]564667[/ATTACH]
Love these little cuties! I can't even begin to guess now. I do think it's going to be a beauty. I'm hoping she reveals tonight because the suspense is getting to me. There is still quite a bit of fabric left tho. So we will see. It's been a lot of fun. Enjoying this one more than last.

retiredteacher09 12-31-2016 02:01 PM

Kalamaquilts: I saved all of the clues for the 365 Challenge. I did get through the first month or so but I just didn't have the time or patience to keep up with all of those small pieced blocks. :). Enjoy the Challenge. I really liked reading about the origins of the blocks.

Sewbizgirl: I probably should have gone scrappy too but I figured the BH Mystery quilt was enough scrappy at this time. Most of my quilt tops are scrappy though because I use pieces of fabric donated from a couple of charity organizations. I just needed 'easier' fabric choices for Mary Mayhem's quilt. :). I will go scrappy with Amy Gibson's quilt she is starting on Monday.

Connie

sewbizgirl 12-31-2016 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 (Post 7730059)
I will go scrappy with Amy Gibson's quilt she is starting on Monday.

Oh, is that another mystery? Tell me more about that one, Connie...