Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-en-provence-t283327.html)

lawsonmugs 12-31-2016 02:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bluebonnets very pretty. I think I messed up,I did 2 of the neutrals in each block not 2 greens.:( Guess it's back to the sewing machine........:sew:

sewbizgirl 12-31-2016 02:31 PM

lawsonmugs, I'd wait to see the reveal before going to all that trouble... maybe they will still work with 2 neutrals instead of 2 greens.

Bluebonnets 12-31-2016 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs (Post 7730086)
Bluebonnets very pretty. I think I messed up,I did 2 of the neutrals in each block not 2 greens.:( Guess it's back to the sewing machine........:sew:

They sure are cute tho!

Kassaundra 12-31-2016 02:39 PM

I debated last year about the 365 block quilt, sign up on FB and everything but didn't do it. Still debating this year! lol

lawsonmugs 12-31-2016 02:42 PM

Thank You Ladies.... I think I might wait like suggested.

retiredteacher09 12-31-2016 05:42 PM

Lawsonmugs: The first QST I did had two lavenders!!!! :). I really like your blocks.

Sewbizgirl: Stitcherydickorydock.com. I needed to buy her book but she will do one block a week for 50 weeks.

Connie

givio 12-31-2016 06:39 PM

I was thinking about doing the 365 last year too. I started saving the pdf files, then mid-year forgot to go to the web site daily to download them, then at the end of the year put myself on the email list, and remembered to download again. So, I have some of the block patterns, and some not. It looks like the 2017 365 will be the same blocks?, except for maybe the corner blocks?, so maybe I can collect what I missed.

I'm not keen on really big quilts, so I didn't like the size of it, but, of course, I could just leave off some rows to make it smaller. But that didn't seem like the same 'challenge.' And I was making the FWS blocks, where some of them had quite small pieces/lots of pieces per block, so I didn't feel like using so much time again weekly sewing tiny, tiny pieces... Some of the 365 3" blocks had tons of pieces! So, I was wishy-washy about it.

The MM mystery for tomorrow looks intriguing. So nice to move along with it all in one day!

Happy New Year's all! :-)

Kassaundra 12-31-2016 06:45 PM

I've been wishy washy too, trying to decide if I like it enough to invest that kind of time, attention, and amounts of fabric. It is incredibly chaotic and busy which isn't usually what I like at all, but it would be challenging w/ all those tiny pieces. But quilting it would be a nightmare w/ all those thick seams all close together???????

Kassaundra 12-31-2016 06:51 PM

I know it could be a great scrap buster b/c of the tiny pieces and I think I would like it better then a scrappy string quilt. Have you kept up w/ how many times in these two posts I changed my mind???? I think I have whip lash.

quiltsRfun 12-31-2016 06:58 PM

A block a day is too much of a commitment for me. I'm doing Pat Sloan's solstice sew along. It's a block a week till the middle of the year. I'm also doing the Meadow Mist mystery. Clues are once a month. I'm committed to using my stash and the BH mystery and other sew alongs have been a great incentive. I have two rules when deciding which ones to join.
1. All fabric must come from my stash (backings excepted)
2. It needs to fit my schedule and allow time to work on UFOs

We'll see how this works out in 2017.