Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-en-provence-t283327.html)

Fraew 12-28-2016 02:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Done with clue #5 and I can't wait to see what we do with all that yellow and green. I am guessing quarter square triangles.

Carol in WI 12-28-2016 03:32 AM

Siodach, I love your colors and your MQ from last year. I didn't do that one, but the more of see of others I may have to pull out those instructions next. Fraew, your prints are amazing! I wish I could borrow you to help me choose fabrics:). If I have figured this right, we have made 633 three inch blocks so far and would need 208 more to reach the 87 X 87 size. I also think that this Friday will probably be the last clue and the reveal. I can hardly wait to see all of your masterpieces.

Jeanne S 12-28-2016 06:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Kate/Siodach,
So glad you are joining us again this year! I have thought of you often, and so enjoyed meeting you and Ron when I was in Scotland this spring! I think your quilt will be lovely, and think I even recognize one of the fabrics!:D
I am only doing 1/2 units for this one, will see how it works. I did the full size last year, and the size is more than I can quilt myself so it is waiting for me to take it to the long armer.
Here is a photo of us together in Edinburgh! I am on the left and Kate is on the right. We had such a good time!! This Board is so great to unite quilters from all over the world.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]564472[/ATTACH]

NZquilter 12-28-2016 06:56 AM

Congratulations on catching up, Letawellman! I know you've been so busy. So glad you were able to catch up before the reveal:)

joe'smom 12-28-2016 07:05 AM

Siodach, your Allietare turned out beautifully! I'm so glad you gave in and are joining us. Did I understand right, that your tri-recs units are 2"? What size square are you working with for the 4-patches?

JeanneS, thanks so much for sharing that photo!

Fraew, your fabrics are gorgeous.

KalamaQuilts 12-28-2016 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Siodach (Post 7727375)
OK

I've caved! You'all are having too much fun without me.....

Typically me, tho, I can't seem to follow instructions properly.

I'm gonna do only 1/4 of the units,
Also I have a set of mini trim-recs templates, which give me a finished unit of 2 inches square, so I'm making all the other units match that size. Dunno what size top I'll end up with but hopefully it'll be big enough for a table topper lol.

I'm doing quarter of the total too. will be fun to compare the finished sizes between our two.

givio 12-28-2016 07:30 AM

Siodach, Welcome! Your greens for your sister's quilt are a nice change from seeing all the red ones in the same pattern! Your choices for this quilt look great! I like the idea of making the pieces smaller. Please keep us posted on how that goes. :-)

givio 12-28-2016 09:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I cut 2 of each print to get them made faster, sorta felt like I was cheating...

NZquilter 12-28-2016 10:14 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I love your blues, givio! Very nice!
Here are my units for clue 5. I got the neutrals for Christmas, so in they went! I wanted to try that fun lay-out that was suggested earlier too. :)

Fraew 12-28-2016 11:03 AM

Ooooh lovely layout. Nice blues givio. Is it Friday yet? He he