Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-en-provence-t283327.html)

Skipastitch 12-29-2016 06:36 AM

I like the process too! I hope we have two clues/reveal left.

NZquilter 12-29-2016 07:33 AM

I'm starting on my planning for quilting designs for En Provence. So far I'm thinking of an overall design, but I'm wondering what thread color would be the best, white maybe?? Any ideas? Or am I "jumping the gun" by trying to plan something I don't know yet?:) What do you all think?

Skipastitch 12-29-2016 07:42 AM

Too soon for me but I am gathering material to do last years.

sewbizgirl 12-29-2016 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Skipastitch (Post 7728204)

Last year's was beautiful! The prettiest yet, IMO...

Pam H 12-29-2016 08:09 AM

I am almost caught up and should be before the next clue comes out tomorrow! I hate to admit I love when my daughter and her family are out of town - I get to sew to my heart's content.
For those of you who love the magic 8 method for doing hst's did you know you can do half the size to make only 4? This is what I did to make mine more scrappy.

joe'smom 12-29-2016 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by NZquilter (Post 7728197)
I'm starting on my planning for quilting designs for En Provence. So far I'm thinking of an overall design, but I'm wondering what thread color would be the best, white maybe?? Any ideas? Or am I "jumping the gun" by trying to plan something I don't know yet?:) What do you all think?

I don't think you can plan a quilting design when you don't know the pattern yet, lol. As far as thread color, can you remind us what color your neutrals are? Maybe matching thread color to the basic neutral shade would be a good strategy.

Skipastitch 12-29-2016 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7728211)
Last year's was beautiful! The prettiest yet, IMO...

I Loved last years too but was to afraid to do it, glad I saved the clues.

NZquilter 12-29-2016 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by joe'smom (Post 7728244)
Maybe matching thread color to the basic neutral shade would be a good strategy.

That sounds like a good plan. Thanks! I know it's too early to actually design the quilting, but I'm enjoying mulling over some ideas. Keeps my mind busy while I wait for Friday.

Carol in WI 12-29-2016 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Skipastitch (Post 7728204)

I was thinking the same thing ~ I've seen so many awesome color combinations on that one; perhaps we need to start another thread for those wanting to do it:).

Skipastitch 12-29-2016 11:22 AM

If you do I will join it. I plan to go with the colors that Bonnie gave at this point but might change the grey for light blue.