Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-en-provence-t283327.html)

sewbizgirl 11-06-2016 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun (Post 7694198)
Susan, I just got the last border on my Grand Illusion this weekend. Still working on Allietare. I like the fabrics you've chosen.

Glad I'm not the only one! My Grand Illusion is just a completed top, and Allietare is still in pieces. I feel kind of guilty starting another one when Allietare isn't even together yet... but I probably will succumb to the lure of the mystery and make at least a half-sized throw of En Provence. How can I not?

quiltsRfun 11-06-2016 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7694357)
Glad I'm not the only one! My Grand Illusion is just a completed top, and Allietare is still in pieces. I feel kind of guilty starting another one when Allietare isn't even together yet... but I probably will succumb to the lure of the mystery and make at least a half-sized throw of En Provence. How can I not?

I hear you sister. Iwasn't planning to do this year's mystery either. ;)

Pagzz 11-07-2016 05:00 AM

Bonnie makes it fun. Sharing and seeing everyone's colors and work here on the QuiltingBoard is the whipped cream and cherry on top of a sundae. I don't want to miss it.

I still need to quilt two of my mystery tops. These quilts are always impressive when finished.

SusanSusan33 11-07-2016 10:13 AM

Thanks, ladies! It sounds like I'm in good company and may not have this done for a year or two. LOL!

Tweety2911 11-07-2016 03:07 PM

I am enjoying reading about unfinished BH quilts. I was so happy when I finally finished my Grand Illusions not to long ago. I have found some more dark purples in my stash (happy day). Didn't realize how much purple I have...I do love buying the colors but really have nothing in my house to match it :) I just love seeing everyone's fabric choices they just make me so excited all the more!

AlvaStitcher 11-08-2016 05:45 AM

I'm in the same camp with some of you. My Alletaire and Grand Illusion tops are still just tops. In fact, the final borders still need to be sewn to the Alletaire top. Will probably add this one to the pile too. At least for a while. There is always hope that I will get myself in gear and "git em done".

JeanieG 11-08-2016 08:57 AM

I am with you gals too. I have Easy Street, Grand Illusion and Allietare sitting as flimsies. I finished quilting Celtic Solstice in September. My favorite is still my first Bonnie Hunter mystery - Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll!

joe'smom 11-08-2016 09:25 AM

I was inspired during the Allietare discussion to make Roll, Roll Cotton Boll, because I really enjoyed the matched sets of Allietare, and it was mentioned that RRCB also has matched sets. I have all the blocks complete, but probably won't start sewing them together until after this mystery.

Kassaundra 11-08-2016 03:54 PM

My Allietare is still in strips since I plan on QAYG.

marytoddliz 11-08-2016 06:06 PM

I have a question, I want to do this mystery but don't want to make it scrappy, is it ok to use one fabric for each of the colors? Also I am going to do it half as big but am buying extra fabric for boarders. Thanks

~Mary