Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-en-provence-t283327.html)

Kassaundra 11-19-2016 04:11 PM

I saw on the BH fb page a pic of someone's fabrics and she is doing yardage, all her fabrics are monochromatic browns, and she has one bright blue (assuming magenta). She seems to have plenty of tone and color difference in her browns ranging from beige to chocolate. I am looking forward to seeing all the color ways, but that one I'm extra interested in seeing.

givio 11-19-2016 06:35 PM

FQ40! Nice to see you again on this thread! If you decide on the blues, that's what I chose too! I plan to make half of what Bonnie's suggests, and I'll decide later if I want to make more. Wow! You've made a ton of her patterns!

hairquilt 11-20-2016 07:41 AM

So glad to find this challenge on the Board!!. This will be my first mystery quilt and I will do it with my DDIL. Took me 3 Sherwin Williams stores to get 2 of all the colors. Lowes was already out of them!! Can't wait to start on the 25th!!

Jeanne S 11-20-2016 08:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I finally decided on my fabrics for this mystery. I kept the same general color scheme, but opted for more 'quiet' pastel versions. I didn't have enough of these colors in my stash, so took the easy way out and just purchased one fabric for each color, rather than trying to find many smaller pieces to make it scrappy. My values may not have the wide differentiation, but I am hoping the different colors themselves will work.
I have 4 other projects going on right now, I really debated about adding another to the mix, but it was so much fun last year doing it with everyone, I couldn't pass it up. I will likely be behind the currently weekly clues, but will have fun watching the progress of all of you!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]562491[/ATTACH]

SusanSusan33 11-20-2016 08:02 AM

4 Attachment(s)
I just lost a long reply. Drats!!

I love seeing everyone's fabrics finished quilts WOW!!! And reading the posts. Even though I read more than I write it's so fun to join in.

Katy- sorry about your door surgery. ;)

So so since I don't know where I would use a purple magenta quilt I decided to make a bed runner for Myself. Well. That's the plan. I'm switching up the fabrics. They all came from my stash and many were going to be a granny square quilt for my bed. But I'm so warm when I sleep I'm thinking runner. But who knows.

Here are 2 options I'm considering. Better decide soon huh? Lol. Please feel free to give any constructive criticism you have. I can handle it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]562487[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]562488[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]562489[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]562490[/ATTACH]

Kassaundra 11-20-2016 08:10 AM

SusanS. I like your second choice better. The yellow and neutral in your first choice are so similar I think you may lose some secondary design.

quiltsRfun 11-20-2016 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7702810)
SusanS. I like your second choice better. The yellow and neutral in your first choice are so similar I think you may lose some secondary design.

What she said.

joe'smom 11-20-2016 09:59 AM

JeanneS, I can't wait to see your pastel version of En Provence!

SusanS, that second group of fabrics looks great to me.

quiltsRfun 11-20-2016 10:00 AM

Jeanne, I think your colors will make a beautiful quilt. I was like you, didn't know if I wanted to commit to another project but decided to go ahead and jump in. Another week and we'll be starting.

pinkflowers 11-20-2016 10:17 AM

Hey everyone, I am late to the game, but excited to join you all. This is my very first mystery, ever! I'm glad to see a thread to share the experience with all of you.
I have been having a grand time going through fabric bins and drawers, realizing I have more fabric than I thought!
I wasn't altogether happy with some of my colors...just not quite right. And I was really lacking in neutrals. So I checked with my LQS and found a few nice pieces.
I am sticking to Bonnie's suggested color palette, although I may try to add a little blue in the mix...maybe with some neutrals? Or yellow/blue prints. As I look at the field of flowers picture Bonnie posted, I see a blue sky.