Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-en-provence-t283327.html)

joe'smom 11-15-2016 01:56 PM

Kassaundra, I like the idea of using your black as the neutral. Since it is much darker than your darker teal, it seems like that would balance things out better than using it as the green.

Sophie2 11-15-2016 04:39 PM

I can't believe me this year. I have done the mystery quilts for the past two years and loved doing them. In those two years I lived 1 1/2 hours away from a Lowes and managed to get my paint chips. This year I am only about 15 minutes from a Lowes and have yet to get my paint chips! We have been busy getting settled into our new home and building my studio, but I do plan on doing the mystery this year. Love the colors and need to get busy!

givio 11-16-2016 06:55 AM

I vote for the cats too, because I was thinking the same as quiltsRfun. But you could fussy cut the red/black print to get the color you want to use, if you wanted.

peaceandjoy 11-16-2016 04:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I enjoy seeing everyone's fabric choices (and progress as the mystery is under way).

When I went to Lowe's and got the chips, I was okay until I got to the Hibiscus (magenta). Holy cow!!! Bright colors are not in my crayon box, lol! Thought about using a few shades darker, but as I went along I just kept pulling other colors entirely.

I've finally ended up with blues for purple, lighter blue (but not baby blue) for lavender, green, pumpkin for yellow and red for magenta. I only pulled out a few of my neutrals, but have a LOT more (I'm a neutral hoarder!). Strips in these colors will be pulled, also.

Due to vacation plans, I already know I will be way behind on this one, but am okay with that. I'll have to save the hints and check in to see how others are doing when I can (won't have internet access most times) and will catch up eventually as I love Bonnie's quilts.

Robin

Kassaundra 11-16-2016 04:47 PM

I'm pretty sure (almost positive) I will use the cat fabric as my constant and black as my neutral.

NZquilter 11-16-2016 05:00 PM

Peaceandjoy, I love your fabric choice! I am still on the fence with this mystery, but if I were to do it I think I would use your colors! I'm going to print out each clue as it's released, and see what happens. I have plenty of UFOs to finish up. But I am excitably watching everyone's process! It's fun even as a bystander:)

sewbizgirl 11-16-2016 05:11 PM

Your colors look good, peaceandjoy!

Kassaundra 11-16-2016 05:39 PM

PandJ nice choices, I always like a blue / orange combo.

givio 11-16-2016 06:11 PM

I think I'll opt for orange for my magenta. I'm using blues for the purples too, but sticking with the yellow.

Kassaundra 11-16-2016 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by givio (Post 7700692)
I think I'll opt for orange for my magenta. I'm using blues for the purples too, but sticking with the yellow.

Sounds like a good combo.