Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-en-provence-t283327.html)

quiltsRfun 01-25-2017 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Siodach (Post 7749293)
. . . it is what it is.

I'll tell you what it is. It's gorgeous. Nice choice of colors and I love that border. Congrats on your finish. I'm still working on mine.

Belfrybat 01-25-2017 03:02 PM

Siodach -- lovely colour combination and your inner border is fabulous. I am amazed at all the variety I'm seeing from the same basic design.

paintmejudy 01-25-2017 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Bluebonnets (Post 7743079)
It's amazing how the design shows up better in the photos.

Same here. I sewed together 2 blocks, hated it, and stuck it away. But took a picture to post to a friend, and might just finish it after all -- I made enough blocks to make it a king. But I am still not a fan of this pattern. I changed out the yellow squares to a gold and yellow batik, and it helped. Still don't like the yellow in the border, but they are all sewn together and not going to change them at this point. I think that if I had used a constant for the purple and lavender instead of scrappy, and the same green in the blocks as you did, I would have been much happier with the result.

joe'smom 01-25-2017 08:18 PM

Absolutely wonderful, Siodach!

m-fay 01-25-2017 09:23 PM

This looks so cool and refreshing .i love it

Originally Posted by Siodach (Post 7749293)
Finally got mine finished!!

Love the front, hate the lumpy back, but hey ho, it is what it is.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]566709[/ATTACH]

Because I had swapped around a couple of the colour placements, I had a bunch of original units left over, so I devised a border to use these up.

So it's been a blast doing this, even though it's taken me far too long to complete the top. There's been some fantastic tops appearing here, and I'm full of admiration for those of you who have already completed the full quilt!!!!!

Cheers, K

ddtrina 01-25-2017 10:58 PM

Love the latest quilt posting. Nice serene color combo. I've finally got 4 columns done with sashing in between each large block. Spent alot of time ripping out today since I didn't like how my neutral 4 patches looked for the border 1 or border 2. And still debating if I want to use 4 patches for my constant stars or a combo of a solid square and 4 patches.

retiredteacher09 01-26-2017 08:15 AM

Siodach: I love your quilt. What size did it end up?

Connie

Siodach 01-26-2017 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Sandra-P (Post 7749333)
Kate, I love it! The colors remind me of water and forest. Your use of the leftover blocks for the border is so clever.

Thanks so much Sandra and everyone for your compliments :-)

I was left with 4 tri-recs units plus some QST's. These I alternated with some new HST's, which I snowballed the corners to make white triangles to match those on the QST's.

Connie, the top ended up at 38.5" square.

Its the the first time I've tried doing a mono quilt and am very pleased with how it's come out.

Cheers, K

joe'smom 01-26-2017 05:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm finding this assembly very slow going! But I love the pattern and how it's coming together. I especially love how the neutrals converge to create the secondary star. Top row done!

Fraew 01-26-2017 05:54 PM

I finally have all of my blocks, sashing, etc. done. Whew! Assembly will start tomorrow. I'm with you Lisa.