Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-en-provence-t283327.html)

Pam H 03-04-2017 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by givio (Post 7776650)
Thanks for the info! I'd like to take 'straight on, forward facing, full view' type pictures of my quilts instead of laying them on my bed, but I haven't devised a method yet.

In the past I pinned my quilts to the drapes for pictures. We got new windows with built in blinds and now I have no drapes in the house.

Podunk Princess 03-06-2017 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by joe'smom (Post 7777695)
Thank you, Miss Rita! Will you be posting a photo of your finished top, or did you already do so and I missed it?

No, you didn't miss it.......I still haven't taken the photo. Thanks for the reminder to do this. I've been so preoccupied with other things lately that I totally forgot to do it.

Battle Axe 03-07-2017 04:15 AM

Joe's MOM: I'm just now starting this. I have some of clue # 1 done, but I love that little border. Very creative.

Marcia

joe'smom 03-07-2017 06:51 AM

Thank you, Battle Axe! We can work on the quilt together, as I'm doing a second version. I'm working on clue 2 today.

jmoore 03-14-2017 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by joe'smom (Post 7779360)
Thank you, Battle Axe! We can work on the quilt together, as I'm doing a second version. I'm working on clue 2 today.

Do you know if the instructions are still available? I just quilted Allietare on a longarm yesterday and thought to myself, why didn't I print the clues to En Provence to have later down the road....

joe'smom 03-14-2017 06:30 AM

The instructions are no longer available on the blog, but I believe the pattern is available for purchase as a download from the Quiltville store. I have never bought one of the download patterns, so I don't know how the instructions that come with the pattern will compare to the instructions we received during the mystery.

joe'smom 03-15-2017 03:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I completed enough units to get a block up on the wall, of my second colorway, and I'm not that crazy about it. Not sure if I should keep going or just put it aside at this point.

Battle Axe 03-15-2017 04:07 PM

Did you have trouble with the magenta points? Mine are red but they are too big????

joe'smom 03-15-2017 06:13 PM

When you say the points are too big, do you mean the red side pieces from the tri-recs unit? Or do you mean the finished unit is coming out too big? My tri-recs units tended to be too narrow.

pennycandy 03-15-2017 08:39 PM

Is there a chance you sewed the red triangles on upside down? The little point on the red triangle needs to sewn onto the base of the neutral triangle. If you can post a picture it would help us diagnose the problem.