Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-en-provence-t283327.html)

Bluebonnets 01-17-2017 08:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]565934[/ATTACH]
It's amazing how the design shows up better in the photos.

ScubaK 01-17-2017 09:49 AM

Bluebonnets,
That is gorgeous!

Hopefully I can start getting my top together today!! Somehow, I think I have all my pieces cut, count and then count again and I am short. 13 buggers today...
I know my pieces are too high up for the dogs to get them to eat! HaHa!!!
Kirsten

Carol in WI 01-17-2017 10:01 AM

That is beautiful Emily - so bright and cheery. Mine is getting borders put on today. I hope to have it finished by tomorrow.....so many seams to match!

Bluebonnets 01-17-2017 12:28 PM

Thanks Scuba and Carol.

Looking forward to seeing yours pieced, Carol.

Kassaundra 01-17-2017 01:05 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Givio and Bluebonnets nice quilts. There has been some talk of how we are quilting these beauties. Well here is how I am doing it. This first block I switched colors on to see how it would look. The rest I will do all the black stitching first on all of them then switch to the white thread to finish them up. I just do simple straight line w/ a walking foot. The backing fabric is black, one pic looks grey, but it is the flash I included it b/c I thought the stitching showed up clearer. [ATTACH=CONFIG]565957[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]565958[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]565959[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]565960[/ATTACH]

GramE 01-17-2017 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7743274)
Givio and Bluebonnets nice quilts. There has been some talk of how we are quilting these beauties. Well here is how I am doing it. This first block I switched colors on to see how it would look. The rest I will do all the black stitching first on all of them then switch to the white thread to finish them up. I just do simple straight line w/ a walking foot. The backing fabric is black, one pic looks grey, but it is the flash I included it b/c I thought the stitching showed up clearer. [ATTACH=CONFIG]565957[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]565958[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]565959[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]565960[/ATTACH]

looks great! Beautiful quilt!

joe'smom 01-17-2017 01:21 PM

Bluebonnets, that's as pretty as can be!

That looks like a good plan, Kassaundra.

Ugh, I've been mired in border experimentations that are proving fruitless. Hope to get back to my blocks soon.

Kassaundra 01-17-2017 01:24 PM

Lisa I decided to wait to figure out the border until I have the body finished, but since I am doing it QAYG the border can easily wait until the end. I was thinking about a very plain or no border, but then I have seen some STUNNERS on the FB group. so now I don't know.

Pagzz 01-17-2017 05:35 PM

Lovely progress everyone! I haven't worked further on mine. I attended guild workshops on Friday and Saturday and I am trying to finish up those projects first.

All2Pieces 01-17-2017 06:25 PM

Great layouts and color schemes everyone.

Well, I finished the body of mine Monday. Or at least as much of it as I am going to do. I'm not a fan of this pattern. The way each quilter has made it personal is great to my mind. I like the way my changes turned out with the purple tri-recs instead of green/yellow blocks. I want to add a plain narrow border (auditioning fabrics still), then use up some of the neutrals for a wider border. Hopefully I can take a picture in daylight to show everyone.