Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-en-provence-t283327.html)

ScubaK 01-18-2017 09:29 AM

Wow! Just Wow!
I am always amazed at the amount of talent that is on the board.
I am grateful for the support that we give each other and how we encourage each other.
Thank you!!!
Now to rip out a few and plug along a bit more today.
The quilts are just gorgeous....
Kirsten

Carol in WI 01-18-2017 11:53 AM

Finished

1 Attachment(s)
I have finished my 12 block version. It measures 71 x 87 which is a bit small for a queen but a very generous full size. I decided to go with Bonnie's border suggestion, but wonder about adding something more to "hold" it all together. What do you ladies think? It doesn't seem as bold as some, but that is probably because I used the wrong "value" for some of my greens and purples and my magenta was really more pink than magenta. I am just very happy to have it completed.

quiltsRfun 01-18-2017 12:00 PM

Carol, I think it's gorgeous and I like your color choices. I'm also making this size. It won't fit my bed but I ran out of fabric and patience to make any larger.

Kassaundra 01-18-2017 01:19 PM

Carol I think it is nice w/ the lighter pink, makes the 3D looking yellow squares more of the highlight. This is the size I am making too, I have a full sized bed so should be perfect.

All2Pieces 01-18-2017 01:55 PM

Carol, that is very lovely. The pinkish stars are great. You could always add another, solid border if you wanted to make it larger. I think the yellow would look nice on the outer edge also. What color do you plan to use as backing?

Pagzz 01-18-2017 04:04 PM

Carol, I think it is beautiful. A small pink border might be nice.

Belfrybat 01-18-2017 04:34 PM

Carol - your quilt is fabulous. I like the fact you used a constant yellow and that you subbed the Tri-Recs to make the circles. If you want it larger, I'd be tempted to do a narrow border of magenta (pink) or green and a 4" outer border of neutral or perhaps yellow. Although I love the fact Bonnie ran the stars into the first border, without a stop strip around it, the stars appear to just fall off.

givio 01-18-2017 06:36 PM

Carol in WI, pink and purple goes together so nicely. You've got a nice pastel feminine looking version. The backgrounds to your pink star tri recs being the same fabric on each star is a nice touch. I'm making that size too. It's a different finish to have a light border-- it's not as common as a dark border. If you think your top need something to 'hold it together' it's easy to add a strip around the outside. Don't quit until you are satisfied! :-) Your wood floor is wonderful. Those must be very thin strips of wood (as we know the size of your quilt pieces).

joe'smom 01-18-2017 06:41 PM

Beautiful finish, Carol! I especially like the way your greens sparkle.

Podunk Princess 01-18-2017 07:23 PM

Wonderful finish, Carol. Personally, I like the way the pink stars "float" around the outer edge of the quilt. If you don't need it to be any bigger but want to bring some color to the outer edge, I would suggest using your pink for the binding.