Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-en-provence-t283327.html)

Sandra-P 01-15-2017 10:00 AM

NZ Quilter, it is beautiful!

quiltsRfun 01-15-2017 10:36 AM

NZquilter, it's gorgeous. I love your greens.

waltonalice 01-15-2017 10:45 AM

NZQuilter, I haven't liked most of the yellow squares, but your calico-like off-white/pale yellowish squares really fit in fantastically.

jaba 01-15-2017 12:50 PM

That turned out gorgeous! This pattern sure reminds me of a "Storm at Sea" quilt

joe'smom 01-15-2017 01:31 PM

Wow, NZquilter. That really turned out great!

ddtrina 01-15-2017 07:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I'm loving all the designs and colors that I'm seeing posted on this board. It's been enough motivation to get me moving again. So this week I'm trimming all my squares to make sure they're perfect. Want to see my scrap pile?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]565827[/ATTACH]
Note to self, I should trim as I go rather than wait till the final reveal to start trimming. But I am getting more organized with how I stow my squares.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]565828[/ATTACH]

GramE 01-15-2017 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by ddtrina (Post 7741933)
I'm loving all the designs and colors that I'm seeing posted on this board. It's been enough motivation to get me moving again. So this week I'm trimming all my squares to make sure they're perfect. Want to see my scrap pile?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]565827[/ATTACH]
Note to self, I should trim as I go rather than wait till the final reveal to start trimming. But I am getting more organized with how I stow my squares.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]565828[/ATTACH]

yeah, I slacked off of the squaring up after the second week. Boy was I sorry I did, but grateful I did it at least the first two weeks! It was Christmas & was just happy to have squares cut & maybe sewn. Cutting didn't really cross my mind, until piecing started!

Pam H 01-15-2017 09:35 PM

[QUOTE=cmputerdazed;7740823]

Originally Posted by Pam H (Post 7736902)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]565300[/ATTACH]
Here is mine so far. I am thinking about replacing the green/yellow qst with purple instead of the green. I'm still trying to figure out what to do in the center of my stars.[/QUOTE
It looks like you use a consistent neutral on you magneta stars is that right. I love it because the other neutrals are so great and scrappy.

They are consistent in the fact that they are all white on white. I actually used several different patterns of white on white.

QuiltingVagabond 01-16-2017 06:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is one of the patterns I am making from my En Provence units - Bonnie calls this Patches and Pinwheels. I will probably have to make some more hst to get the size I want.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]565851[/ATTACH]

And I found a panel that I plan to use as a center medallion for a round robin design wall hanging - the first round will use some of those quarter square units.

quiltsRfun 01-16-2017 08:45 AM

Nice quilt QV. I made this one. If you alternate the direction of the pinwheels on each row as Bonnie suggests it creates a frame around the 16-patches.

Does this mean you're not doing the En Provence layout?